Bonnet 'Gas Strut' Stays

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
I was looking for this mod :)
Can u post lenght of strut?will try to diy a little bit.

VAG Familia

Last edited:

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
Nice mod and a breeze to fit going by that youtube vid.

I must admit the bonnet stay doesn't bug me to the same degree as it did at the onset but having said that I'm tempted. I'll have a swatch at the bonnet stay next time the hoods up with regards to ease of removal.

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
I have just bought it to make refilling washers in the winter easier, it's always very windy at my house and a few times the bonnet has nearly unclipped and fell so this should sort that problem!

Feb 25, 2014
Kyiv Ukraine
638bf50c1a75.jpg

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Got a card from Royal Mail today so I'll be collecting mine tomorrow.

Fast delivery from Russia!

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Will do, plan to fit on Saturday tho that may be easier said than done with a broken shoulder so we'll see!

Ended up rearranging delivery for Friday to save me collecting them since I can't even drive at the min.

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Couldn't wait until Friday so I walked down to the post office earlier. Very easy to fit, even with 1 working arm!

They seem good enough quality so hopefully they will last a long time.

Reactions: Andy

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
I'm not selling them so ultimately I don't care if people buy them ;-) I'm happy with mine.

They are obviously under the bonnet in a position where they may get wet etc so hopefully that won't cause any issues further down the line when winter hits but I don't imagine it will. Time will tell......

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.