Bonnet 'Gas Strut' Stays

Pops848

Mar 29, 2017
If it was less money i'd jump at it. Must be able to source the struts in the UK, brackets i can easy make.

As far as I can see the kit from the US doesn't use any brackets, simple bolt in. Mind you, I'd probably still leave it alone myself - just not worth the hassle especially if the struts bend your bonnet from a bad lifting point

rickster665

Rickster665
Mar 8, 2017
Rotherham
Got any more details about this guy? I'd love ACC in the car! I can get loom but radar seems a bit hard to find, and then fitting seems easy enough but calibration could be a pitfall

Yes id like the same loom seems easyist thing to find but comes to the hardware its tricky as and when stuff

Also the struts from the russian guy on ebay just quoted £18 postage only of the item price £43

Can we not buy the struts separate iv seen a add for 1 at £10 it says it bonnet strut but its strut only
Anyone in uk that does them please let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndreyBear

Apr 10, 2017
Yes, you are right. AEngineering. They have new official site, all common info is in English, e-shop is in Russian , but will be in English soon pneumaticauto.com. They are looking for partners, works with owners clubs, etc...

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Yes, you are right. AEngineering. They have new official site, all common info is in English, e-shop is in Russian , but will be in English soon pneumaticauto.com. They are looking for partners, works with owners clubs, etc...

Looks like £33 and then £18 posted to UK unfortunately.

AndreyBear

Apr 10, 2017
Looks like £33 and then £18 posted to UK unfortunately.

Why unfortunately? Ready for installation, English installation manual. If there will be more forum members ready to order, we will apply discount (I will put code here in the forum). And it can be applied to any make in our shop.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Why unfortunately? Ready for installation, English installation manual. If there will be more forum members ready to order, we will apply discount (I will put code here in the forum). And it can be applied to any make in our shop.

Puts me off when postage is more than half the cost of the parts.

How many people do you need then?

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
£18 for international postage ain't that bad considering size of package. I'd have a set tomorrow if I could.

I'd happily buy them, just be far simpler and cheaper if they were in this country.

Amazes me it's not more common. What do the AudI A3 and Golf MK7 have....

Not sure about cutting the plastic /foam. Will look to see how much they are to buy. I like any mod to be able to put back as it was.

Last edited:

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
I have had mine for quite a while now and they were a great purchase, worth every penny.

It's particularly windy at my house so it's great in the winter when topping up screenwash etc, you have no worries of the bonnet hitting you on the head.

I don't see any reason why you'd ever need to remove them so I couldn't worry about the foam.

AndreyBear

Apr 10, 2017
True but from personal experience while the car is under warranty the VAG group will try anything to to wriggle out of it! :shrug:

Currently they sell for many VAG cars and other makes for 3 years, nobody claimed problems during warranty period while servicing.
And one thing regarding price. Easter sale started on Friday. 20% off on all models at eBay store till Friday. stores.ebay.com/upory.

GarethF

Apr 12, 2017
I'm currently trying out a setup I've sourced myself.
Can't post up any pictures as I'm yet to make 15 posts but trial and error I reckon about £30 inc postage.
I'm currently running two 300nm struts and they hold the bonnet fine but don't lift it. I'll be ordering 400nm which will be spot on I reckon. I Just didn't fancy paying £80 for a kit when it can be sourced cheaper.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.