Boost controllers

JuJu_Cupra

Electronic Boost Controller

Has anyone fitted the Gizzmo Electronic boost controller to their LC Mk1,

I have the chance of getting a new one for £165 so im tempted to buy it, just dont want to get it if they dont work on my car

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I've read some posts on another forum about this. They arn't the best boost controllers.
How much are they new?
What mods do you have to support this?
Unless you have a Hybrid or BT set up it's not worth your money.

JuJu_Cupra

At the moment, that car's not modified, we was going to do filter/ decat / exhaust and boost increase just to give it a bit extra for now, the gizzmo sells for 200 everywhere i have looked, so though it may have been a good buy

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
TBH not worth your while, you'd get better results with a Forge adjustable waste gate.
The best £ per BHP is a remap.
I wouldn't waste your money on this, according to your mods you quite a bit away from needing one of these

simonj

Feb 22, 2008
Sorry I seem to have hijacked someone elses thread by mistake, sounds like on a standard car a boost controller isn't worth it

deedaskrh

Mar 20, 2009
St Helens
Boost Controller LCR

Hi all,

can anyone tell me if it would be benificial for me to get an electronic boost controller for my car?

i have a LCR with a stage 2 APR remap turbo back exhaust (miltek), FMIC, TIP.

what sort of things can u do with one?
how would you go about using it?

thanks

ste

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
A boost controller does exactly what it says on the tin.
With a good boost controller you can limit the amount of boost at specific revs and gears to allow you to get better traction.
You would also feel the benefit of using an uprated waste gate like the forge adjustable one. This will allow you to hold onto more boost higher up the rev range

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.