Boost dip after 4200 rpm

reidy123

I have a 2000 seat leon 1.8t sport and has been fantastic, but of late it has develpoed a problem about 4200 revs seems to be a dip in pressure does this in 3 4 5 but then takes of after a few seconds again. Have changed plugs, oil, flushed engine checked exhaust and cleaned the maf and put a fuel cleaner through any ideas on what it could be?

Last edited by a moderator:

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
if vag com shows nothing, when was the fuel filter replaced? is it over due?

reading your post again.... this might sound stupid, but does it still happen when you turn traction control off?

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
cleaned the maf? dosent always work, vag com need to see what the ecu has logged.. could be fuel filter? more like maf ...... need to no some more..to help..

reidy123

Going to get it to local seat dealer to hook it up to the vag com, and the fuel filter is due, wasn't changed on the last service. And it is the same with traction off

reidy123

i have unpluged the maf and taken it for a drive and car was back to its normal self, can i run it with the sensor unpluged untill i get another sensor delivered or will this fowl something else up?

reidy123

:confused:Does anyone know if i can run with the maf off till i get one sourced and on the car?

Last edited by a moderator:

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
:confused:Does anyone know if i can run with the maf off till i get one sourced and on the car?

No mate, I wouldnt do that. Just drive to GSF Take the old one off when you are there exchange it for the new one, put the new one on drive off! Job done. Think there are about £70 ish

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise