Boost gauge options

JamesyB

Hi guys

Looking at getting a boost gauge for my misses' LCR.

Its currently runing at 285bhp and i just want to be able to keep a check of the boost its running.

Any suggestions as to what to get, and where to mount it - ideally an A-pillar pod if theres one available?

thanx :)

JamesyB

thats great many thanks mate

is there anywhere that does the a-pillar pod for just one gauge?

JamesyB

.... or if not, what other gauge is best for these cars as well as Boost?

:)

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Nomad do a single and a double pillar mount. I have the double. I have boost and oil temp as both are very easy to fit :)

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
http://www.impconcepts.com/vwgolfboostgaugeforsale.htm
golfbora20psiboost-5.jpg

takes time but the end result is nothing short of amazing. These images don't do it justice as I cannot find the other post in MkiV

Fien

Mar 11, 2010
Chester
that does look pretty mint! bet it looks even better when u see the needle flying round!

how much all in all do u reckon it'd cost to get a boost gauge put in?

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
I remember someone in the golf forums offering this service for £150 I think... You get to choose colours etc. Check out that link I posted, there's a video of one in action

JamesyB

I use Swoosh Fighter gauges (boost + oil pressure) where my centre vents used to be. They are pretty much an exact match for the red of the leon and are a cheap version of the defi gauges.

My boost is like this one.

yeah seen them and heard pretty good reports for the price range so they are a definite maybe!!

JamesyB

damn the nomad pillar pod is expensive, I want one though, can't justify paying that much for it

is this nomad pillar pod the ONLY one available for the LCR does anyone know? they do look the part :)

&rew

That's what she said
Nov 13, 2006
Ipswich, Suffolk
I'd advise against the cheapo Autogauge ones from Halfords. I've got one in a vent pod and the needle buzzes/vibrates/generally makes an annoying noise when you're on full boost.

Spending a bit more money seems to be the way forward!

I'd advise against the cheapo Autogauge ones from Halfords. I've got one in a vent pod and the needle buzzes/vibrates/generally makes an annoying noise when you're on full boost.

You can buy a cheap filter to run inline with the boost capillary/pipe to counter the buzzing. I had that problem in my Mk3 Ibiza Cupra.

would love them but cant even justify spending that on gauges in my supra lol

I'm either selling them or sticking them in my car. There's still sets for the Scoobies going for £600+ second hand.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.