Boost leak, almost given up!

May 13, 2007
Denmark
I've been struggling with a boostleak the past 4 months! Recently I had a TIP upgrade(the old one had two splits) thought everything shold be fine then...but no!

I've replaced the two vacuum hoses underneath the inlet manifold, checked the plastic breather hose that also go under there...all dry...

I would expect to be some "oil leak", as the old TIP was a bit wet down the side.
But I really cant see anything from the enginebay.

Yesterday I checked the brake vacuum connecter on the left side of the inlet manifold...all dry and no splits...

Have tried the n249 bypass, still the same... only thing I havent tried is replacing the N75, but it seems to do the duty cylce well.(tops 95-96%).

Last hose i need checked it the turbo outlet, but will check and replace it when the hose is arriving from forge.

I've made a pressure test once from the first intercooler to just before the throttle body, pumped it up to like 2-3 bar and it holded it with a slighty drop to 1,5-1,6bar... but not very fast...

At the moment I'm about to sell the ****, as I spend WAY to much time AND money on the car (At least 6000£ the last 5 months to be precise![:@])

May 13, 2007
Denmark
Logs with standard map shows 1850 actual and 1650 requested across the range.
Logs with revo map shows 2350 actual and 2450, sometimes up to 200 in difference with above 3500rpms!

May 13, 2007
Denmark
Boost is logged with vagcom, block 115.
I havent really done anything else than trying to fixed the problem. But I think it might came after a clutch and flywheel change, but not sure..( I dint make the clutch/flywheel job)

What do you mean by "re-trace all your steps as it seems that something is on back to front.. "

May 13, 2007
Denmark
Ohh like that, but the pressure test would have s"hown" that? I dont think any of the pipes it "reversed". But I dont know cause I havent got a clue of how much is needed to do the clutch job...

May 13, 2007
Denmark
Yes it is, and its most likely that i all started when a workshop changed the clutch and flywheel! (they didnt tighten it enough/well)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Fair enough, good thinking.
So on the video does it just show where the leak is coming from?
Can't hear any leaks or really see anything

May 13, 2007
Denmark
You can clearly hear it, turn up the volume :eek:) I sprayed soapwater on the joint from the metalpipe to the siliconehose to the lower part of the intercooler, you can see it "spits" it to the left.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members