boost problem

cupra_gaz

hi guys

not long bought my leon cupra ,love it but i noticed that it isnt boosting right sometimes ,now i have got a forge atmospheric dv on it and i have heard through owning gti 's before hand that it effects the boost and can make ur car runn bad ,could this be the problem ?? should i go 007p recirc ??

any other ideas to what it can be ? i thinking dv because alot of the time it boosts fine ,just sometimes it doesnt boost a just get noise ,feels like no pressure

ur ideas please

JamJay

California Bound
What is the model name of the Forge DV? The 1.8T, much like the engines in later EVO's don't take kindly to fully atmospheric DV's. The ECU picks them up as being a boost leak so will either throw you in to soft limp mode or stall the engine. Fully recirc are the most recommended and work better than the OEM DV although you can get away with 50% recirc/50% atmos valves such as the Turbosmart Dual Port or Forge Split-R. You can also run either of those valve in fully recirc mode and they're supposed to be a bit louder than a standard fully recirc DV.

I will add though, some people have had fully atmos DV's running on their cars without any issues once they're set up right which takes a bit of trial and error adjustment on the valves itself. Some cars seem to take better to them than others.

cupra_gaz

seems tho it is a dv problem ,am naw sure the exact model of it ,am just gonna go reciric because a dont know how to set up a dump valve ,the one on now keeps putting my engine managment light on ,would u recommend changing it then aye ?

JamJay

California Bound
Do you have the OEM DV to try out to check if it is the problem? Going by what you've said, I would say that the atmos DV is giving this issues so you could try a Forge 007 DV instead although it won't be near as loud as your atmos one, it's a closed loop.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
If you have a forge split r you could just take trumpet off and run it in recirc?

Or do you have one of the older forge valves that look like the collins performance ones?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
which one do you have?

fmdvrsa.jpg

forge9398.gif

group93115f795c6f4f70b1.jpg

fmdvspltrblack2.jpg

cupra_gaz

am naw really fussed if it does'nt make a noise ,a jst want ma boost back lol ,its runnin about 240hp ,a need it rolling roaded to c exactly what its doin but its pretty quick when the dv wants to play ,dnt want to do the car any harm if you know what i mean ,does it not chitter if u put a recirc dv on ?? my pals ibiza has a 007 p on it sounds pretty gd

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Yeah you shouldn't really be running that.....I'm using the 007 and its really good, quiet with air box or pretty loud with a open cone filter.

JONNYVT

Sep 9, 2002
LEICESTER
Visit site
My leon sport used to do this, ended up with a new turbo but all i really needed to do was:

Try cleaning out the throttle body with some petrol and a tooth brush then re-set the throttle position by switching on ignition & leaving for a couple of minutes.

Give it a go, cost nowt

JONNYVT

cupra_gaz

cheers al try both of what u guys hav said ,av got a 007p comming soon ,nxt time am off al clean the throttle body out nxt time am off cheers guyss

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.