Boot mat

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Well ordered it today - only available in black but as the parcel shelf is black it wont be that bad - hope it reduces some more noise as well as looking better :)

RLMDqol.jpg

GcvUg7N.jpg

Lord_Brett_Sinclair

Dec 13, 2018
Do let us know if you think it makes any difference to noise levels. I've fitted the plastic tray type boot liner to my daughters Ibiza as it is primarily to catch the mess resulting from her daily trips to the stables, but I haven't discerned any obvious reduction in road noise.

Reactions: robby71

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK

I bought one of these

View attachment 22675

Had 1 of those in my T-Cross, practical but things slide about which causes noises which is what i hate - reason for a carpet mat is sound deadening, grip, looks

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Mine arrived yesterday (will take a pic at weekend), not as thick as i'd hoped but very good quality.
It has bound edging and 100x better than the standard cardboard thin mat - doesn't look bad black with the grey side panels :)

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
any noise reduction?

might add to the bottom of my tray some sound deadening material

To be honest i didn't notice any more reduction in noise with the mat but then it isn't a thick mat. Some previous cars i've owned have had thick mats with thick deadening material stuck to the bottom, Seat should have done this as they scrimped on other materials.
I've now fitted deadening pads to 3 doors (just n/s/f to do) and added more in the boot well sides/ bottom (these did make a difference) and also did inside the tailgate.
When doing the doors and tailgate i fitted pads to the metal panels and some to the inside of the door skin and also to the backs of the plastic panels/ trims the fitted foam pads on top of those to cushion where plastic meets metal.
They don't look pretty but as they're all hidden with the panels/ trims they can't be seen and for the results i think it's definately worth doing :)

I had a quick pull on the rear seat base but couldn't budge it :( wanted to put some pads under there as well.
If the car was off the road for a while (it isn't as it's my daily) i'd remove the seats and carpet and cover the floor with the pads - that would stop most of the road noise

Lord_Brett_Sinclair

Dec 13, 2018
To be honest i didn't notice any more reduction in noise with the mat but then it isn't a thick mat. Some previous cars i've owned have had thick mats with thick deadening material stuck to the bottom, Seat should have done this as they scrimped on other materials.
I've now fitted deadening pads to 3 doors (just n/s/f to do) and added more in the boot well sides/ bottom (these did make a difference) and also did inside the tailgate.
When doing the doors and tailgate i fitted pads to the metal panels and some to the inside of the door skin and also to the backs of the plastic panels/ trims the fitted foam pads on top of those to cushion where plastic meets metal.
They don't look pretty but as they're all hidden with the panels/ trims they can't be seen and for the results i think it's definately worth doing :)

I had a quick pull on the rear seat base but couldn't budge it :( wanted to put some pads under there as well.
If the car was off the road for a while (it isn't as it's my daily) i'd remove the seats and carpet and cover the floor with the pads - that would stop most of the road noise
What make of insulation pads have you used?

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
I used these on the metal panels and on the backs of the trims (used 15 sheets so far so 2 pack req) - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavy-Du...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I then used these on top of the pads on the back of the plastic trims/ panels - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10mm-30c...var=585649597752&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

And on top of the door panels where the door cards sit onto i used a length of this on each to stop the plastic and metal rubbing together - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Anti-Squ...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
@robby71; does the YouTube video at the link I posted in the ‘Rear Bench Seat’ discussion thread not help? (post #9 in that thread) - link below;

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
How much time and money invested in this operation?

As my car is a shopping cart so only does short journey's to shops. If cheap and not too much effort might do the same.

Less than £60 for everything which is cheap to make it sound quieter and feel better quality (doors don't sound as tinny when closing) :)
I only drive 8 miles to work then 8 miles home - as i'm in Yorkshire we have the potholes ans crappy roads so every car develops rattles :(

A.k

Mar 1, 2021
Less than £60 for everything which is cheap to make it sound quieter and feel better quality (doors don't sound as tinny when closing) :)
I only drive 8 miles to work then 8 miles home - as i'm in Yorkshire we have the potholes ans crappy roads so every car develops rattles :(

Easy to remove trim pieces?

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Easy to remove trim pieces?
Hmm yes but fiddly.
There are some youtube vids (1 shows sound deadening being fitted to an ibiza)

Front doors - use trim removal tools to prise up the window switch panels (clipped in) and disconnect the plug, use tool to pull off front of door pull handle to expose 2 torx screws which need removing. Start at bottom of door and push a trim tool between panel and door and work around the panel pulling as it's held on with plastic fixings (needs pulling hard). When panel is loose slide it up to lift it over the door top. You the need to disconnect the door pull cable and also another wiring plug for the ambient light led.

Rear doors - push ring on window winder (part between handle and door panel) until it clicks, this releases the lock and the handle pulls off (vid on youtube).
Prise off door pull handle front same as on front doors to reveal 2 torx screws which need removing the work your way around the panel pulling from the bottom same as front doors to remove the panel. Disconnect the handle cable 9there aren't any wires unless your has lights or electric rear windows?).

Tailgate panel - this is held on with 8 metal spring clips (no screws) so needs pulling hard - some spring clips may stay in the tailgate so you'll need to use a trim tool to get them back out to refit to the panel before refitting

Found the youtube vids -

Reactions: coderex

A.k

Mar 1, 2021
Hmm yes but fiddly.
There are some youtube vids (1 shows sound deadening being fitted to an ibiza)

Front doors - use trim removal tools to prise up the window switch panels (clipped in) and disconnect the plug, use tool to pull off front of door pull handle to expose 2 torx screws which need removing. Start at bottom of door and push a trim tool between panel and door and work around the panel pulling as it's held on with plastic fixings (needs pulling hard). When panel is loose slide it up to lift it over the door top. You the need to disconnect the door pull cable and also another wiring plug for the ambient light led.

Rear doors - push ring on window winder (part between handle and door panel) until it clicks, this releases the lock and the handle pulls off (vid on youtube).
Prise off door pull handle front same as on front doors to reveal 2 torx screws which need removing the work your way around the panel pulling from the bottom same as front doors to remove the panel. Disconnect the handle cable 9there aren't any wires unless your has lights or electric rear windows?).

Tailgate panel - this is held on with 8 metal spring clips (no screws) so needs pulling hard - some spring clips may stay in the tailgate so you'll need to use a trim tool to get them back out to refit to the panel before refitting

Found the youtube vids -

Massive mission for me. Will just leave the sound proofing.

Mar 19, 2021
can someone could put the boot measurements up? I’m tryjng to source a boot liner to cover the sill for when my Formentor arrives next month! I need a boot lines to cover the boot lip for my dog getting in and out! Thank you

Misho

Mar 21, 2019
I have finaly done my project.

I made a boot from wood, on that wood i have glued the original "carpet" and on the top i ordered this rubber boot pad:
IMG_20210617_130950.jpg

Wood:
IMG_20210616_142620.jpg

Glued carpet:
IMG_20210616_151042.jpg

Final:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.