Boot Mods - open with remote

Dec 29, 2021
I've seen a couple YouTube videos where by replacing the gas struts from one from an Octavia estate, they're strong enough to fully open the boot when the key is pressed.

I've done the switch but it doesn't quite 'pop'. I feel like maybe the latch is sticking slightly or it could be that the struts aren't powerful enough to open from a fully closed position.

Any help with this? Not sure if some lubricant or wd40 could help here

Sent from my ASUS_I01WD using Tapatalk

Raven

Mar 10, 2014
I'd revert to stock struts. Adds extra force to the hinges and makes boot substantially more heavy to close.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I'd revert to stock struts. Adds extra force to the hinges and makes boot substantially more heavy to close.
Also, if you park in areas with restricted head height such as some multi storey car parks, there’s a risk of the bottom of the tailgate making contact with the concrete roof / roof supports above.

Dec 29, 2021
I've felt the difference but it's not too difficult to close still

Even before the boot would need a little jiggle to be able to open at all so that's why I'm wondering if it's something with the latch

Dec 29, 2021
Also, if you park in areas with restricted head height such as some multi storey car parks, there’s a risk of the bottom of the tailgate making contact with the concrete roof / roof supports above.
True but tbh I've never had this issue/situation, and doesn't help my question