Braided (Goodridge) hoses for 2L 8v 256mm brakes?

Small

Aug 23, 2003
Bournemouth
Visit site
Hi all, I have been thinking of changing the brake set-up on my Cupra 8v. Rather than get a set of 2nd hand 16v 280mm brakes I have decided to stick with the stuff I have got and get some decent discs, pads and hoses. Goodridge do not list a set for the 8v but i'm wondering if one of the sets for a Mk2 Golf might fit? Any help would be much appreciated.

Paul

Small

Aug 23, 2003
Bournemouth
Visit site
I was not too surprised as the rear pipes had to be replaced about 2yrs ago as they could not get the old hoses off then. So it should all be okay in the braking department now, new discs and pads on the front, new braided hoses and new pipes/lines all round.

But now my gearbox has started to make a noise in reverse when the clutch is not engaged and rolling backwards :eek:(

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
I was not too surprised as the rear pipes had to be replaced about 2yrs ago as they could not get the old hoses off then. So it should all be okay in the braking department now, new discs and pads on the front, new braided hoses and new pipes/lines all round.

But now my gearbox has started to make a noise in reverse when the clutch is not engaged and rolling backwards :eek:(

Wouldnt worry, i know a couple that do that with no adverse issues

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.