Brake Calipers on VZ2 Hybrid Leon estate

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
Hi, I've got a VZ2 Hybrid estate Leon on order and was wondering which calipers it comes with? I've not seen one in the flesh so have no idea. I'm hoping it comes with the black Cupra ones but have a sneaking suspicion it will be the bog standard steel ones. Anyone help?

Fergoo

Jun 8, 2020
My hatch eHybrid comes Friday.

It has the same 'Cupra' 340mm brakes on the eHybrid as on the 310/300 according to the official price list.

Probably a massive overkill given the regenerative braking but should look nice behind the 19 inch wheels! 🙂

Screenshot_20230621_222020_OneDrive.jpg

Fergoo

Jun 8, 2020
Thanks @Fergoo - don't know why I'm so concerned, the car doesn't even exist yet!
Dynamic indicators etc have been re-added back into the latest spec too, so hopefully you'll get them once it's built.

Lead times are ridiculous at the moment, so I've opted for a lease which has obviously been ordered many moons ago to replace my 290.

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
Ooooh dynamic indicators are back - is the coast to coast lighting back too? If they have added the steering wheel buttons to VZ2 spec I think I'll spontaneously combust with excitement! Ordered mine back in October so hopefully not as long to wait as those who ordered in '21!!

Fergoo

Jun 8, 2020
Turned up at 8AM this morning, not had chance to play much yet but initial reaction is very pleased.

Has the 12 inch screen, Cupra brakes, dynamic turn signals and the coast to cost rear lights, so I'm very happy :)

Infotainment version 1900, so hoping for minimal issues too. :)

• Love
Reactions: Richiepoos

Fergoo

Jun 8, 2020
20230623_155446.jpg
20230623_155342.jpg

Grabbed a couple quick pics. Overall first impressions, very happy!

Love the colour! infotainment seems much improved from the earlier issues, not had any crashes and Cupra Connect is working perfectly so far.

Thought I'd miss the power of my MK3 290, but from the little I've driven so far, I've been more than happy. The electric motor is more than powerful enough to nip around town and is as you'd expect, incredibly smooth to pull away. Combined with the ICE it's plenty enough to keep me entertained, despite not being 'fast'. You can tell it's not short on power, but equally you can feel the weight of the batteries.

Despite both having DCC and 19s the ride seems smoother in Comfort (to the point even the wife commented) than the MK3.

The fact that it automatically regens when it knows you are coming up to a roundabout is incredibly clever, but taking some getting used to though!

Interior too is a step up from the Mk3s in my opinion and small things like the coast to coast animation when you unlock entertains me.

Charged with the Granny cable yesterday with no issues, so can't see me getting an EV charger, despite the fact it will spend most of its life running on electric.

In reference to your original question, the brakes are the same as the MK3 290/MK4 300, and look good behind the 19s... Can't see there being a need for brake pad changes very often though, in the 50 miles I've done the discs look barely touched, which just shows how much of the braking is being done by regen... So ehould be easy to keep those alloys clean.

Hopefully you'll get a build date soon! Any questions let me know 🙂

Hitonthechin

Jan 18, 2023
View attachment 37200 View attachment 37201

Grabbed a couple quick pics. Overall first impressions, very happy!

Love the colour! infotainment seems much improved from the earlier issues, not had any crashes and Cupra Connect is working perfectly so far.

Thought I'd miss the power of my MK3 290, but from the little I've driven so far, I've been more than happy. The electric motor is more than powerful enough to nip around town and is as you'd expect, incredibly smooth to pull away. Combined with the ICE it's plenty enough to keep me entertained, despite not being 'fast'. You can tell it's not short on power, but equally you can feel the weight of the batteries.

Despite both having DCC and 19s the ride seems smoother in Comfort (to the point even the wife commented) than the MK3.

The fact that it automatically regens when it knows you are coming up to a roundabout is incredibly clever, but taking some getting used to though!

Interior too is a step up from the Mk3s in my opinion and small things like the coast to coast animation when you unlock entertains me.

Charged with the Granny cable yesterday with no issues, so can't see me getting an EV charger, despite the fact it will spend most of its life running on electric.

In reference to your original question, the brakes are the same as the MK3 290/MK4 300, and look good behind the 19s... Can't see there being a need for brake pad changes very often though, in the 50 miles I've done the discs look barely touched, which just shows how much of the braking is being done by regen... So ehould be easy to keep those alloys clean.

Hopefully you'll get a build date soon! Any questions let me know 🙂
Great pics! Really looking forward to taking my delivery.
Is the colour graphene or magnetic grey? The configurator and real life are not very close apparently 🤣

Fergoo

Jun 8, 2020
Is the colour graphene or magnetic grey? The configurator and real life are not very close apparently 🤣

That's Graphene mate, it's not even close to the configurator 🤣, but in a good way in my opinion.

Hitonthechin

Jan 18, 2023
That's Graphene mate, it's not even close to the configurator 🤣, but in a good way in my opinion.
Nice one mate!
Mine is coming in Magnetic, which I think is supposedly a bit darker, but who knows at this point 🤣
Also I assume you don't have the engine cover?

Fergoo

Jun 8, 2020
Nice one mate!
Mine is coming in Magnetic, which I think is supposedly a bit darker, but who knows at this point 🤣
Also I assume you don't have the engine cover?

Haven't even checked under the bonnet mate tbh, but don't think the hybrids ever came with one. Just the 2.0 TSIs.

It did come with mats though! Although they are bog standard with no Cupra branding etc. They could have been thrown in by the VW fleet company it came from, as they only had a VW parts label on them.

Frustratingly theres no lugs to hold the mats in place on the passenger side, despite the fact that mats have the holes for them and my MK3 had the lugs.

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
Love the colour - I wanted that colour but SWMBO won and we went for the darker magnetic tech grey!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise