Brake Discs

Jul 3, 2019
Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum. My girlfriend owns a 2014 Ibiza FR Edition 1.4T.

I am replacing the discs and pads all round and looking for a bit of advice on getting the correct parts.

I searched the usual places online and seem be to getting a lot of different options for discs and pads sizes when I put in the Reg details.

I ordered everything from carparts4less (sister company to eurocarparts) but they appear to have sent me the wrong front disks (4 stud, not 5) and they say they are for a cooper s and haven't been much help on the phone. They aren't able to confirm if exactly what one I need for the model and if they have them.

These are the ones I have ordered for the front as they seemed correct when I measured the old disks and were one of the 3 options when I put in the vehicle details.

upload_2019-7-3_16-46-48.png

Do these seem correct?

Does anyone know if they share the same brakes with the 1.2T or the Cupra?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum. My girlfriend owns a 2014 Ibiza FR Edition 1.4T.

I am replacing the discs and pads all round and looking for a bit of advice on getting the correct parts.

I searched the usual places online and seem be to getting a lot of different options for discs and pads sizes when I put in the Reg details.

I ordered everything from carparts4less (sister company to eurocarparts) but they appear to have sent me the wrong front disks (4 stud, not 5) and they say they are for a cooper s and haven't been much help on the phone. They aren't able to confirm if exactly what one I need for the model and if they have them.

These are the ones I have ordered for the front as they seemed correct when I measured the old disks and were one of the 3 options when I put in the vehicle details.

View attachment 8247

Do these seem correct?

Does anyone know if they share the same brakes with the 1.2T or the Cupra?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Hey Matt.

Welcome to the forum and join the queue for euro car parts aka car parts 4less with the whole search for brakes and a few come up. What usually happens is u type in your reg and it will give u some front brakes in different sections. So usually 5 different brands in the top section and then you scroll down and then again the same 5 different brands but if you look at the fitment the disc is either smaller or bigger. Note that the brands in the separate sections are all the same size but the issue is know whether it is the correct size disc bundle you are selecting from. Someone may pop up and tell you exactly what size u need. But if not your options are to take the disc off ur car and.mesaure the width. If you order b4 3pm Mon to Friday euro car parts will deliver same day. Or just buy both discs from either bundle and simply return the wrong ones just don't rip box part. Note I'm talking about euro car parts here as they have stores to return to, but also be surely to check both websites for price as usually one is cheaper (normally car parts 4less) but I've recently found euro car parts cheaper for brakes and discs using discount code 'flash 50'

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Jul 3, 2019
Hey Matt.

Welcome to the forum and join the queue for euro car parts aka car parts 4less with the whole search for brakes and a few come up. What usually happens is u type in your reg and it will give u some front brakes in different sections. So usually 5 different brands in the top section and then you scroll down and then again the same 5 different brands but if you look at the fitment the disc is either smaller or bigger. Note that the brands in the separate sections are all the same size but the issue is know whether it is the correct size disc bundle you are selecting from. Someone may pop up and tell you exactly what size u need. But if not your options are to take the disc off ur car and.mesaure the width. If you order b4 3pm Mon to Friday euro car parts will deliver same day. Or just buy both discs from either bundle and simply return the wrong ones just don't rip box part. Note I'm talking about euro car parts here as they have stores to return to, but also be surely to check both websites for price as usually one is cheaper (normally car parts 4less) but I've recently found euro car parts cheaper for brakes and discs using discount code 'flash 50'

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply.

I had a caliper off today, unfortunately that is when I noticed they were the wrong ones. So I sized everything up again and the ones I ordered would appear to be the right ones. I think they have just sent me the wrong discs. They had the correct part number but it had been hand written on.

Since writing the first post I have received the rear discs which appear to be the correct items with the correct stud pattern.

The first set of front pads which came with the initial delivery didn't appear to be correct either they were a different shape from the ones I had off. Bizarrely, a 3rd set of Brembo pads have been delivered along with the rear discs which I never ordered but look to be the correct pads for the front.

Who would have thought ordering a set of brakes would be such a minefield? Never had any of this bother before on my own cars!haha

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'd guess, only guess that your 1.4TSI has 288mm front discs, some of these VW Group cars with the higher output 1.2TSI engines also have 288mm discs - and some it seems don't, Polo does but I don't think Ibiza or Fabia with the higher output 1.2TSI do - cost cutting!

I don't trust that company enough to take the risk in ordering from that online only version of ECP, I need to be able to order on line for delivery or collect so that I can change parts easily - it should not be like that.

Edit:- I'm assuming that the front calliper has a vertical anti-rattle spring on it, if so 99% certain the disc diameter is 288mm.