Brake light switch

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Anyone installed a brake light switch recently? I’ve installed a couple over the past few years, but the light doesn’t come on unless you have reasonable weight on the pedal. Thats an issue in traffic where generally you only lightly touch the brakes. It got my thinking that I missed a step during the install.
I have a new genuine switch and have been reading up on the installation procedure ( previous ones I’ve just installed without much thought).
The procedure talks about pulling out the plunger completely. How much force is required? Light force isn’t enough, but I’m uneasy about using a pair of grips to pull it out and find out it’s fooked for good.
Anyone else pulled out the plunger?? How much force??
Photos below of the Bentley instructions.
66EBC4F4-2CCB-4C8C-9FF4-DDB5C6CBFD67.jpeg

C4322588-18F6-415B-9BBB-2646D58FF2B7.jpeg

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
We’ll, pulled the plunger on the old switch using a pair of grips. It came out with more force but felt very wrong, like when you’re breaking things. Pushed the plunger back in and assumed it was now busted. I stuck it back in the car and now it appears to be working better than before. I’m so confused.
I’m still interested in others opinions as I still have a brand new switch which I’ll add to my pile of bits and bobs.

Aug 31, 2020
Hi any chance you can share the full part number for the switch? I've an error code 057100 - Cruise/Brake Switch (A) Circ Malfunction and so want to replace mine.

Thanks!