Brake sizes

vaudaz

Aug 18, 2007
Been looking for front brake discs and been getting conflicting results. I am picking up an 02 Leon Cupra 180, what size are the front disks on them, is it 288mm or 312mm? Looking at getting grooved disks too, what makes do people receommend on theirs? I have had brembo max ones with greenstuff pads on my previous golf.

vaudaz

Aug 18, 2007
Seems I'm not the only one confused! Anyone else confirm what the actual size is?

2slim

I fitted the Tarox G88s 18months ago to my 2002 LC, I certainly notice the difference :D:D ... and yes they are 312mm

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/tarox/taroxdisc_seat.html

LEON 1.8i 20V Turbo Cupra 8/98 312x25x34.5 £189

Image011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
yep sounds right
brakes for these can be tricky seen as the leon is a cobble together of VAG parts

Jan 3, 2006
East Kilbride
Thought I'd bring this thread back to life again maybe remind others of the different sized front discs....

I purchased new discs last week from Euro Car Parts, gave my reg no. so they could find me the right parts.
Collected them at the weekend, went to fit them tonight and noticed the new discs didn't have the vents at the back of the disc and were also the wrong size...

Bloody angry they gave me the wrong parts and could kick myself for not checking on here first as well...! [:@]

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Well as above, im going to resurrect this thread!!

Tried to gauge what sizes my discs are for Leon 1.6 S

How does - 256mm vented fronts
- 234mm solid rears sound to everyone?

Cheers

Jimski

rdcoops

cheers, i only double checked as Eurocarparts website says its 288mm... bad times

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.