Brake Upgrade

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
Hi Guys,

Have a Leon Mk1 FR+ and just need new pads.

Going to go for the DS2500's and currently have the 288mm set up. When i need new disks i will be giong 305mm? or is it 311mm? can't remember... anyhow will get new carriers for this from vag products for this..

My question is, will the pads for my 288mm set up be the right ones for the 311mm set up or whatever it is??

I think they are fine but couldn't find anything on search!

Cheers

Rich

brad1

you mean 312mm??, yes you use the original calipers and pads, but all you do is put bigger carriers and disks on, simple job ;)

skullmunki

Ding Ding Round 2!!!
Nov 12, 2006
I'm going to upgrading mine before the summer and all i really need is some new pads, carriers and 312mm discs.....but why is the bling goblin taunting me with the prospect of some porsche calipers?

I know i dont need them....but why do i want them soooo bad?

dannyFR+tdi

Mar 4, 2008
St.Helens, Merseyside
I was like this but decided on using the standard calipers untill ive done other stuff and looks like ill be keeping my car now so i may be after some rear boxter 4pots after the summer

Funkyfin2000

Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
Hi Guys,

Just looking at the disks today (have ordered the pads off Badged Bill) they look a little tattered and thinking about ordering some discs too (obvisouly the 312mm)

Can you tell me

a) which car they come off
b) now Vagparts has closed where can i get the carriers cheap, what car do they come off?

Rich

skullmunki

Ding Ding Round 2!!!
Nov 12, 2006
yeah S3 ones, have bought them :)

anything i need to know before i get them?

Do i need new slider pins with them or anything?

you get them off cocadave? if so........you g*t!! :p. Never mind, plenty more about.

Is it worth spending an extra £10 for the zinc coated discs? Do they totally stop them going orange?

Last edited:

dannyFR+tdi

Mar 4, 2008
St.Helens, Merseyside
These are pics of my black zinc coated crn discs thathave been on the car since 24.12.2007.

Front 312mm (With a bad job of painting my calipers :whistle:)

IMGP0710.jpg

IMGP0712.jpg

IMGP0711.jpg

Rears 256mm (Calipers painted when ordered, want my fronts like these or then again boxter 4pots in the future maybe ;))

IMGP0714.jpg

IMGP0713.jpg

As you can see you still gett the rust

Funkyfin2000

Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
Guys,

Thats great...yeah got the S3 ones off Cocadave!

What colour do you think i should paint them? just brush them down and get caliper paint from halfords? Silver i thought as i can't be bothered doing the calipers....

What disks do i get guys?

Badger bill is offering EBC solids for £70 quid or so.

Those CRN ones look good, can you tell me what the link is and how much?

Many thanks guys!

Rich

dannyFR+tdi

Mar 4, 2008
St.Helens, Merseyside
Crn brakes are at; http://www.crnproducts.co.uk/

I used; Front, Audi TT 225bhp (98-06) £79.99 (+£10 zinc coating)
Rear, Audi TT 225bhp (98-06) Rear Discs £59.99 (+£10 zinc coating)

Along with some ferodo ds2500 front pads and pagid rears from badger5

Paint them black, I think yellow wouldnt look as good (I used hammerite smooth to paint mine ;) )

Last edited:

dannyFR+tdi

Mar 4, 2008
St.Helens, Merseyside
Thems the ones, They had black when i ordered. Silver will look good. Make sure you send an email to the sales aswell, They were having problems with the site in november 2007 when i ordered mine (Just a heads up so you dont wait 4/5 weeks for delivery like i did)