Brakes ATE Power Discs...

Ibiza Cupra

I was just going through some old threads as i desperately need to change the brakes. And seens that i want to upgrade most things i thought it'd be best to get aftermarket sports items rather than buy standard parts.

What iu've been reading is the ATE Power discs are the best. BUT no longer available, I was going the a Euro Car Parts mag that my bro has and they still list Golf G60 which from what i've read are the same size etc.

Can i confirm that the size i need is 280mm by 26mm so when i phonbe them when they open i sound like i know what i'm talking about!!!!!

And also what are the best pads to use. Not bothered about how long they last just ultimate stopping power. Mintex, DS2500 or EBC Greenstuffs???? Or any other ideas.

Cheers Guys.

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Not trying to take business away, but purely as another option... GSF do Brembo solid vented discs for the G60 (same as Ibiza) at £25 a disc...

These would work well with Bills Ferrado DS2500 pads....

Mike

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Its the Corrado G60 fitment, and not the golf.

They dont do them for either the ibiza or the Corrado.

Standard discs are fine just get some decent pads, like bill says DS2500's.

I use the zimmerman cross drilled and pagid fast road pads from GSF and they seem to do the job so far.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Ibiza Cupra said:
And can you get me these??

We are considering making ATE style groove disks based on plain disk + machining, front AND rear.

Wondering what the interest would be, as I doubt we could do them for the same price as ATE used to be..

Brembo plain disks are a good start, matched to a good pads & high quality brake fluid should suffice most peeps.

brad_cupra05

181 bhp 233lbft poor lol
Mar 24, 2005
basingstoke, Hampshre
Mike_IbizaCupra said:
Not trying to take business away, but purely as another option... GSF do Brembo solid vented discs for the G60 (same as Ibiza) at £25 a disc...

These would work well with Bills Ferrado DS2500 pads....

Mike

are these the discs you were talkin about part no 60175F from gsf and they are a direct fit with no mods ? cheers brad

Ibiza Cupra

Euro Car Parts can get ATE power discs for our ibiza's. £37 i think. But they had standard pads in stock so i took them for £17. But they don't say Ibiza Cupra on the back of the box!!!!! Got a few cars ie G60 4WD Golf???? Are these gonna fit?? My brother isn't back from work yet and he'll fit them when he is home as he is a mechanic, don't wanna look like a kn0b when they are the wrong ones!!!!

cu51pra

black ibiza cupra
Mar 15, 2005
harlow in essex
bill how much would you charge me to do the atom style grooves on my 310x 32mm rotors? getting a new set in the next couple of weeks?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members