Brand new Leon FR 184 TDi technology - Hello!

Christian Bentley

Dec 9, 2018
Hi guys,

I'm Chris,

Had my Leon for about 4-5 months now. I must say it's a great drive. The MPG is not what I thought though. Depending how you drive it's between low 30's and low 40's MPG.

Looking to update the interior lighting to ice white led in the foot bay as the current is standard warm yellow filament .

Any recommendations?

Kind regards.
m6cszR

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Welcome to the forum,

I like the 184 as it has plenty of grunt!

Yes that MPG does seem a little low considering I can get high 30's in my Cupra R lol Has the car been modified in anyway that you're aware of like a remap etc...?

There are plenty of threads on the forum for LED packs that i've seen, a site I have used previous (not for the MK3 Leon) is here

Christian Bentley

Dec 9, 2018
Welcome to the forum,

I like the 184 as it has plenty of grunt!

Yes that MPG does seem a little low considering I can get high 30's in my Cupra R lol Has the car been modified in anyway that you're aware of like a remap etc...?

There are plenty of threads on the forum for LED packs that i've seen, a site I have used previous (not for the MK3 Leon) is here
Hi Jim,

Not at all. It's brand new from showroom. They have checked the car over and no problems apparently. They say it's my heavy right foot...

Is yours a MK3? Whats the power spec?

KG
Chris.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Have you tried driving like a very safe driver who doesn't overtake to see if you get any more?

I have an 8 year old MK2 Leon Cupra R with 265bhp but yet I get the same MPG as you (when I do more than 5 miles in one trip lol) although I have been told (by @Legojon ) I should only be getting 20's to low 30's in his opinion haha

Maybe get some live figures from your car using something like Torque app for android and a Bluetooth OBD2 dongle which gives you an excel spreadsheet with live stats regarding mpg and what throttle position it's at etc...

Cheers

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I've had the pleasure of a 1.6 diesel avensis and a 1.6 vauxhall diesel van over the last 2 weeks. Part of the journey was 40 miles of motorway. I didn't speed once (tracked company vehicles). Neither got more than 42mpg. Also, don't diesels get the fuel changed in winter to avoid waxing or summat (and therefore reduce mpg).

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.