Brembo Colour

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
The question is: If you were having your LCR Brembos shot blasted back to the metal, fully refurbished and repainted, would you put them back red, or do something else? I'm wondering whether they'd come up polished to be honest. I reckon a few layers of lacquer should keep them looking nice, maybe with black Brembo decals instead of the white?

Should be having mine done in December, so opinions may well influence the final outcome of mine :D

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
There's no such thing as too much black! Well, maybe painting the wheels black as well would be pushing it a little...

Here is a VERY quick Photoshop of white callipers:

brembos-white.jpg

What do you think?

Dajmin

I quite like the white. Gives a nice contrast against the solid black of the body.

What about something like gold? It'd be fairly similar to the colour of the headlights and wouldn't show the dirt as much as white.
The other one I'd consider is some kind of blue. Maybe not as light as sky blue, but a nice Windows XP taskbar sort of shade.

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
...a nice Windows XP taskbar sort of shade.
Ha ha, that's probably the geekiest description of a colour ever :clap:

I couldn't do blue; my friends Racing Puma has Alcon's in blue, and he'll just accuse me of wanting the LCR to be like the FRP. NEVER!

Yellow I think is too Porsche too... I'm still leaning toward red again, or polished, if it's doable

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Hmm. I kinda like the reds because it draws attention to the fact that these aren't crappy callipers like on your Focus 1.4. I think the black is maybe too subtle?

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Ha ha, yeah, mine are looking sorry at the moment, and a bit pink. The guy who is going to service the callipers for me is able to repaint them, taking them back to the metal, so I'd might as well get them done and have the breaks done and dusted for a while (new pads going in soon too). Which reminds me, must get some new Brembo decals...

Rich23 UK

Slave to my LCR
Sep 15, 2009
Devon
Ha ha, yeah, mine are looking sorry at the moment, and a bit pink. The guy who is going to service the callipers for me is able to repaint them, taking them back to the metal, so I'd might as well get them done and have the breaks done and dusted for a while (new pads going in soon too). Which reminds me, must get some new Brembo decals...

I would like to do mine but I reckon I would make a mess of it. :happy:

I might enlist the help from my father in law who likes to dabble a bit. Perhaps when the weather is better in the spring.

Out of interest where can you get decent brembo decals? They would have to be heat resistant wouldn't they?

I suppose fleabay is the best bet. Loads on there.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.