Bridges's Red LCR 225 - Badger 5 Tuned ***Goodies Arrived***

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
thanks for the graphs bill. br!dges thats great power you made off 1.2 bar. your car must pull so consistent without running silly hot. that setup looks very safe for your engine and still pull like a train. sometimes its to easy to get numbers stuck in your head. no point hitting 300ftlb and having it fall very quickly as the car will feel like its go no life left in it after that 300. the longer the graph goes up the better it will feel to drive.
great power from the level of boost.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
without high flow mani, no, not on my dyno... with it... hmmm :think:, you never know

if there is a chance then it has to be done :) we know the airflow so we need to max the power from that air, im sure the wmi will help alot :) if i buy the xs sport mani and brought it unto you, do you think we could alter it to make sure it fits 100%. welly told me you were not keen on the fitment of the mani but it did work well once fitted. still have to get the brake set from you, hopefully i will have some christmas monies :)
bill have a great christmas and hopefully enjoy your break as its been a busy year for you :)

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
thanks for the graphs bill. br!dges thats great power you made off 1.2 bar. your car must pull so consistent without running silly hot. that setup looks very safe for your engine and still pull like a train. sometimes its to easy to get numbers stuck in your head. no point hitting 300ftlb and having it fall very quickly as the car will feel like its go no life left in it after that 300. the longer the graph goes up the better it will feel to drive.
great power from the level of boost.

Cheers dude :)

I was dissapointed @ 1st knowing the JBS site show 275 but then talking here & advice from Bill then I soon saw over that.

Lets bring 2012 on with a 3" DP, FMIC & stage 2 with possibly Bills own software :D

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
im sure your car wouldnt be far off 275 on the jbs rollers. bills rollers are tough but i must admit i like the challenge :)

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
Ok, bit of help needed guys

As above my sump is a little damaged & best to replace. Tried searching but not a lot coming up!

Is it best to go for standard sump or opt for the shallow sump available on Awesome GTi?

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
Hey whats up Bill, hope you had a good new year?

I'm thinking standard sump to but the raising up is a bit of a downer!! :(

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Based on your earlier pics it doesn't look stupidly low to me, looks about the same as mine so weird that you have damaged the sump as mine is all ok (touch wood) ;)

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
I was going to say the same EL I don't think it's as low as some make out.

And I haven't damaged it, I'd know if I've hit sonething hard but I haven't! It's from previous owner/owners!

So I'll go oem sump but am trying to find a close company to fabricate metal undertray as its off for a template for them!

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
Wwww I do have another question....

The upper boost hoses to intercooler with cold side DV? Is it best getting the two boost hose kit & construct own cold side DV? Only as the kit to relocate the DV comes with one side of the boost hose doesn't it?

Jamiethorley

Stage 2+ BTCC
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke On Trent
Sound good, so far I've had wheels refurbed anthracite grey, forge 007 recirc, jetex cone, new badges all round and centre caps from Dave at sere motors, great service.

Will get some pics up when able to

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
I was going to say the same EL I don't think it's as low as some make out.

And I haven't damaged it, I'd know if I've hit sonething hard but I haven't! It's from previous owner/owners!

So I'll go oem sump but am trying to find a close company to fabricate metal undertray as its off for a template for them!

Sounds like a good plan mate. I am sure you are much more careful with the car than the previous owner(s).

With regards to the upper boost hoses and DV relocation kit, I would contact Forge on the forum to see what type of deal they can do for you. I would say it would probably be easier to buy the relocation kit and then make up your own upper boost hose for the other side :shrug:

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
After talking & PMing EL I'm also wanting to remove the PCV and fit a Catch Tank as I'm now aware that the PCV is prone to messing up.

I know I need the 19mm silicone hose but will a catch tank from these guys be ok??? I have emailed them for a price & fitment but I'm unsure what stage is needed?

http://www.saikoumichi.com/

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Looking at that link it seems it is the stage 2 but ask for full specification on it to be sure. 19mm connections is ideal but not a biggy if you can't get it as a lot of us are running the 15mm connection catch cans. Also I just remembered, you might want to speak to Sambryant as he had one made to specification. Just another option!!

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
Cheers for that DK

Painted the coolant & screen wash caps today. That blue was horrific so painted satin black :)
And also cleaned the bay yesterday whilst drying pollen filter & sorting leak out. Will get pics up tomorrow!