Brummy's MkII Golf...Retro fun...

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
As some of you may know if you follow my Ibiza *Readers Ride * thread , Ive aqquired a new project, a 91 spec, Mk2 Golf Driver in pasadena blue.

Collected it on monday night after a drive up towards North Wales, and really enjoyed the drive home! As im used to the 2 litre 8v, this pulled like a train all the way, so its no slouch even for a 1.6 :D Insured it on a classic insurance and that is definately a bonus even for an old fart like me!
so, couple of snaps..

96jamd.jpg

208ha1v.jpg

As you can see , its sat a bit high at the moment (see the ibiza behind for the usual lows i drive at in comparison :whistle: ) it will soon be tickled on the suspension side as it needs it , one spring has a small section of the top snapped so needs doing.(a good excuse) the alloys are dire! , but they will be changed once sussy is done as ive got a selection of rimmage to try on it as being a wheel-wh0re, ive got just a couple of sets :D

Also the carbon-fibre looky-likey plastic headlight brow will be removed along with the mudflaps on the front wheels.i may actually leave the rear wipe on this but that remains to be seen ;) towbar may actually stay on for a while too
Interior wise its immaculate with everything working as it should, and theres reams of paperwork showing all parts fitted being proper vw parts and usually done at a proper garage. boatloads of old mots etc so all history checks out but its been a 'One family' car owned first off by grandpa, then when he passed, the dad, then once son could drive he collared it.. hes now moving on so it went up for sale (lucky me!) its been well looked after even to the point of being WaxOyled underneath which is pretty much unheard of today!

Ill update this thread like i have with the Ibiza R/R thread so it should get a fair few updates over the next month or so
:D

Last edited:

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Suj, you know the immediate plans.. the obvious ones.

Tyrer, only bbs ive ever really liked are the ra's I once had on the Ibiza so unless a set happen to come my way so cheaply it'd be rude not to, i doubt it ;)

there WILL be cookies on this beastie though .

:D

Last edited:

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Cool motor :)

Sadly the Ibiza is looking mighty fine parked behind it :(

Watchoo mean.. sadly???? :whistle:

it does look very low, doesnt it.. think ive finally got it to the lows i wanted all along and now i go get something else.:happy:

Naz, youll poss see it in the flesh at times at DropOuts if you go ;)

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
John, looks like the mk2 has potential, judging by the condition of the ibiza :) If your looking for something different to do with the rear wiper, have you thought about trying a mk1 Beemer 1 series rear wiper on it? Seen it done on a mk3 golf elsewhere, but not a mk2....

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
If the rear wipe stays on, it'll deffo be some sort of flush one (hate the look of standard rear wipes , hence my fixation with docking the bloody things) Im already spending hours trawling through sites and pics of Mk2's both European and USA spec to see which way i want to run with it theres a few ive seen already that have had me thinking , but its some thing i want to think about , then do, not half rush and change my mind.
altho saying that, this pic of my Ibiza is now my screen saver.... damn it looks good!

2u9tv0y.jpg

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
First of many ( mini) updates

Been out tinkering.. removed the mudflaps, also the carbon fibre looky-likey headlight brow and removed the club stickers etc from the previous owner
Also checked the sunroof seals and drains end everything looks spotless!

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
no doubt body work will be mint , want to do something like this once the my banana boat is finished maybe a g60 corrado engine in a arosa who noes yet

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.