BTCC 2006 Media Day - News

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Id of hoped they give Darren some circuit time, but then they obviously want to gather as much track info as they can, with the 2 drivers who will be competing at Brands on the 9th.

Colin's only done 2 laps so far, must of come in for a change, though they often do a lap or two then come in to swap tyres round etc.

Plato is back out on circuit, and pushed Shedden down to 4th, but Giovanardi has come thru to second spot, still 2/10th off Thommo's time though

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Just read on btccpages that SEAT want JT to get the majority of the track time today. Finally got the timing working on Firefox.

Poletime for the June meeting last year was 49.312. Fastest Toledo was a 49.752. This new Leon's definitely an improvement then. There aren't really any straights at Brands, so the aerodynamics shouldn't hurt it too much and it'll be good through the corners with it's wide track. It's tracks like Snetterton and Silverstone that worry me, when you see what happened to the Astra last year with it's similar shape.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
The Leon is a bit curvier though, so it may not be as bad as the Astra, which is a little more angular in its front at least. But I agree, straightline speed on the big circuits is a worry.

Neal's bounced back anyway.

times3pm.jpg

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
According to someone on the official BTCC forums, there maybe a feature on tonights 6 'o' Clock news on BBC1 about the BTCC. As they were milling about the media day.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
more likely Kent bbc news thing?

Looks like less sandbagging this year. But I suppose with racing ni a fortnight they'll be keen to get the settings sorted.

cup rahhh

Aug 16, 2003
Kent
Visit site
cool pics... i could get some funny looking pics of a touring car with a diesel in it :)

(private joke for those in the know - for others - just wait till race day :) )

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Whichever, my email can handle a lot, and ive a 10mb pipe at home.

I want to do a brief on the media day later, with an run down of this years teams and drivers, SEAT as yet havn't posted any pics from the circuit, so if you don't mind i'd like to use some of yours.

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
cup rahhh said:
cool pics... i could get some funny looking pics of a touring car with a diesel in it :)

(private joke for those in the know - for others - just wait till race day :) )

:redface: :doh: :blahblah: :blahblah: :argue: :laser: :redcard: :brucelee: :birdy: :clap: :lol: