BTCC Media day, Rockingham, March 19th

chungster

SCN Veteran
May 27, 2001
Bedfordshire, UK
Visit site
Back from a fine spring (chilly) day at Rockingham!

Many thanks to Hannah@YRC for treating us to a 30mins sesh on Rockingham's latest idea on their corporate hospitality side of things - 6 linked up simulators! Still in testing phase so we were only allowed to play using a Formula Renault Single Seater. But it will have plenty of cars available when finished.

Despite finishing first, i got disqualified for an apparent jump start and not heeding the drive thru penalty lol.

Anyway took quite a few pics so will post some up shortly.

chungster

SCN Veteran
May 27, 2001
Bedfordshire, UK
Visit site
why motion sick???

Was a good day out (always is when its free), the school kids even did a survey on me!! One question was "who is your favourite driver in BTCC"....my answer was anyone who doesn't drive for Vauxhall! hahahaha.

Oh will venture over to YRC in a bit to have a nose. :)

Last edited:

chungster

SCN Veteran
May 27, 2001
Bedfordshire, UK
Visit site
Right I think i've got a pic of all the peeps that were there testing! (Didn't snap a good one of Matt Neal so left him out....)

Giovanardi

DSC_0049a.jpg

Jordan

DSC_0033a.jpg

Jelley

DSC_0080a.jpg
[/B]

Turkington

DSC_0347a.jpg

George

DSC_0073a.jpg

Bell

DSC_0086a.jpg

the whipper snapper Chilton in the new Focus! What engine are they using in this?? N/A or Turbo?

DSC_0115a.jpg

DSC_0102a.jpg

Collard

DSC_0224a.jpg

DSC_0180a.jpg

Last edited:

ipd56

Barmy Army Nutter
Wow i am still not got warmed up yet :(. The wind always blows at Rockingham :( , but it was a very good day :) . Thx to Hannah@YRC for the simulator it was fun and i came 2nd woot :). And thx to Cartridgeworld Carbon Zero Racing who let us into there bit of the pit lane for some pics :).

Good day all round good fun hope to get some pic up soon but they will not be as good as chungster as i got only a little camera lol :)

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
Great day, many thanx to Colin, Adam, Dan and all at CVR for letting us in, chatting and the photos in the pit lane.
You're all top blokes, friendly and deserving of a good season.
We're all behing you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members