BTCC Oulton Park, July 27th SCN Parking - (CONFIRMED)

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
What a fantastic weekend, A very big thank you to Zboyd for all the hard work he did in organising the parking, I think we all have to agree it was a top spot.

Weather was truly El Scorchio and I hope you all enjoyed the SCN Corporate facilities.

Results were again a little disappointing, but a good weekends racing all the same.

Roll on Knockhill.......

Bassedout

Back to Blue with a Turbo
Feb 27, 2005
North Wales
An excellent day, had a fantastic time.
Corporate facilities were excellent; it was nice to be able to keep out the sun.
Thanks for making us feel welcome once again.

Nice to see you all and meet some new faces as well

Thanks Zboyd for your hard work

Hope to see you all in Silverstone

Cheers

Phil, Hannah & Jamie

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
It was a pleasure folks, great turnout and the parking worked out ok in the end. phew!

Great result for JP in race one, and it was looking like a 1-2 finish on the cards too. Just a shame Darren got tangled up with Chilton. :(

As for the remainder of the day, well misfortune seems to be the underlining factor of this season. All the more frustrating when you know the car and team are capable of the kind of performances we all saw in race 1 and at Snetterton prior.

Hopefully they can get to the bottom of these misfiring engine issues and put that unreliability curse to bed for the rest of the season. However being realistic, any hope of a championship in 2008 have likely faded now.

Plato, by the slimmest of margins could still potentially close the gap in the drivers championship. If his nearest challengers were to have very bad luck that is. He has after all managed to have the most wins of 2008 so far.

But looking at the way Giovarnadi is always there or thereabouts, its unlikely that VXRacing will drop the ball now. :shrug: Consistency is of course the key ingredient to winning championships.

Anyway, very hot day otherwise and good company.

A few pics i took on the day including the Turner/Chilton incident. :headhurt: Well held that man. ;)

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
i thought chilton drove like the typical pathetic loser that he is
i was even gobsmacked by sheddon's needless accident causing with Mike Jordan.

Was a promising weekend for Seat, good race 1 win but wish it could of been better.

Still great watching as the BTCC always is

dannyFR+tdi

Mar 4, 2008
St.Helens, Merseyside
Fantastic day out, really enjoyed it!!

Big thank you to the ZBOYD for organising and sorting my pass out rather last minute. Im so burnt today.

Felt really welcomed even though i was rather quite

Shame about the 2nd and 3rd races, but hey once the engine niggles are sorted looks like the diesel will be a very competetive car

Cheers Danny

sanjaykumar

just like to echo everyone's comments and say a massive cheers to zboyd.... i'm sooooo burnt i look like a umpalumpa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great to meet everyone keep me informed with any future evants....

nibbles

And Impreza
Great weekend mixed emotions on the track :blink: but still good to see the independent guys coming through and showing the works teams a thing or to.

Was a good show of cars and nice to see some new faces and some old ones , and the scn hospitality tent running at full bore dispite the heat

Well knackered when i got home but roll on knockhill ( going in minibus this time so that will be fun )

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
excellent pics what camera is that?

Canon EOS 20D SLR. Had it a few years now, its certainly not state of the art its been replaced by the 30D and now the latest 40D in terms of functions and resolution. But it can still capture great shots. :)

Taken with my 70-200mm f2.8 L series Canon lens attached.

Few more here i've taken over the course of the weekend.

http://www.seatcupra.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=27711

Enthusiastic amateur. :)

Last edited:

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
Canon EOS 20D SLR. Had it a few years now, its certainly not state of the art its been replaced by the 30D and now the latest 40D in terms of functions and resolution. But it can still capture great shots. :)

Taken with my 70-200mm f2.8 L series Canon lens attached.

Few more here i've taken over the course of the weekend.

http://www.seatcupra.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=27711

Enthusiastic amateur. :)

Excellent pic mate.... a like the blurred background and the focused subject looks cool

Smiler-MK2

Fear The Inferi
Dec 2, 2007
Cheshire
Just wanted to say a big thank you to Mark for organising the parking - it was a top spot! Notice we all stayed until way after most of the VXR guys had gone home and they were on a freebie.

The hospitality tent was awesome, never seen anything like that before done just by a club at a race event. Great sausage & bacon barms!

All in all, had a great day and were made to feel really welcome ;)

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
Good day, if a little on the warm side (sorry, but it's the British way to complain about the weather, good or bad). Despite the initial worries, the Oulton organisation was faultless (on the way in, at least - the detour part way around the track on the way out didn't really make up for the fact it took 80 minutes to get out onto the main road :( ).

Let's just hope the team find the cause of the engine gremlins so they can keep VXRacing honest for the rest of the season. :)

Won't post any of my pics, for some reason the heat must have got to me as I've just got a load of geeky shots of race car brakes and throttle bodies and stuff. :blink:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Having been sent on that magical mystery tour in the past. I opted to hang around the circuit until 7.30. Went out the main entrance and beat my family to the A49 and they left as the last race ended. :p

My advice for Oulton is, either leave before the last touring race or sit by the track or go for a wander round the pits for an hour.

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
Having been sent on that magical mystery tour in the past. I opted to hang around the circuit until 7.30. Went out the main entrance and beat my family to the A49 and they left as the last race ended. :p

My advice for Oulton is, either leave before the last touring race or sit by the track or go for a wander round the pits for an hour.

I'll know for next time - last year we went on some bizarre circuitous route around the carpark but at least we were moving all the time. On Sunday, we were just sitting there for 30 minutes until they opened the entrance on to the track, then we got to explore the tiniest roads in Cheshire for a few miles (behind an old MG that was coughing out about 90% petrol fumes). Good times. :)

Space-Black

Jun 16, 2008
Northants
Just like to say - I was there Sunday - in my bosses car not my Leon but....my work is sponsoring the two Toledos (that did really badly, lol) Anyway it was a wicked day and next time I hope to meet all of you guys :)!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.