ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
Remember all fast diesels smoke like a ****

DSCF0475.jpg

Aug 24, 2007
Sorry nope

fair play, god only knows what that toxic looking sludge is doing to my paintwork

That pic came out really well Gaz

A small selection of the impressive SCN turn out today.

PICT0066.jpg

Last edited:

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
You guys think your cars dirty - mine still has 'Matt Neals driving is almost as dirty as this' written on the back of mine and I have a job interview at a school tomorrow !!! :cartman: Superb crashes today :clap: that VXR left almost as much rubbish as my binmen leave on my front garden. Nice to see everyone too - and I definately win the muddiest feet award as there is a nice coating of mud inside my shoes too :D

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I just rang them up on 08712 00 33 22. Told them i want to cancel, and they put me through to the right department.

I've told them to cancel it, but its on a 30day notice thing so it should go off at the end of April.

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
2008_0331January0011.jpg

Just a bit of T-Cut should do..............
2008_0331January0040.jpg

Race officials decide that people would pay to watch 20 odd bathtubs drive slowly very slowly around a track. Look closely towards the bottom of the car, you can see his feet peddling
2008_0331January0020.jpg

stevoibizacupra

Mar 22, 2007
Bath
great day as ever, good to finally meet and chat to a few of you guys.

have just woken up, that was a seriously long day, and had to drop the gf at the station at 4.30 this morning, not impressed!

the car is a mess, and no point in washing it yet as its going to be going cross country to the waaaaaest country on wednesday - god help it!

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
Nice pics - The TDI was excellent on the straights - Cant wait till the faster tracks come along and Plato and Turner get a hang of the car! :D

Nice turnout by the way fellas! LCRs looking good - The Ibiza Cupra is looking good too squeezed in between the Leons! lol

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
I was at the qualifiers. BMW knicked the first round on last few laps as Plato came out after having led for most of the round. He came out with engine problems I think...he was super quick second time round though ;)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I was at the qualifiers. BMW knicked the first round on last few laps as Plato came out after having led for most of the round. He came out with engine problems I think...he was super quick second time round though ;)

Plato went into the pits during qualifying because he'd been summoned into the weigh bridge. They do this to check the car's ride height and weight is legal, nothing unusual in it.

However a problem arose, because the TDI's turbo engine must stay running idle for a few minutes to ensure the turbo doesn't cook. The weigh bridge is done with the engine turned off. So JP had to wait for the turbo to come down to the right temperature before shutting the car off. This wasted several minutes in the pitlane, when he was coming in for new rubber to set a faster time.

However because of the delay they had no time to change his tyres, and give him enough time to get out on a hot lap. So he had to go out again on worn rubber.

The engine was fine though, no problems.

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
I am confused as to how the Leons did in their first outing with diesel.

The over-riding feeling I get from articles and comments is "don't worry - everything will be alright." because whilst everyone seems to be remaining calm and positive about this season stating such claims as when the cars goes to the tracks with the faster straights they will excel, the article "POINTS SIGNAL TDI POTENTIAL" almost seems to back them up by not only quoting what Darren and Jase' had to say on the Leons and all the positives they mention, but mentioning the statistic that the team took more points on Sunday than the opening meeting of last season. And I suppose two thirds and one fifth for Jase and and fourth and a fifth for Darren isn't bad.

Yet, and I know it seems it has been said by many, Brands Hatch isn't a track with a lot of long straights and wait till circuits with more of the longer straights, but the Leon didn't seem to outrun the good cars like the Vectra and the beemers which is something I had hoped was going to happen when it was first announced that the team would be swiching to diesel. They kept pace with cars like the Vectra's and the Civics but I didn't see a lot of overtaking.

Should I be worrying?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I think the most common overtaking opportunities on Brands Hatch Indy, are the approach and exit to Druids, then Surtees into Clearways. And if your brave, under braking into Paddock Hill.

The new Leon is a new development challenge for the team, no-one has said it will be
easy. The team were very pleased to leave Brands Hatch with a good collection of points.

The car seems to suffer under braking, with its lack of engine braking no doubt the cause. Brands Indy is a circuit that is incredibly heavy on the brakes. The cars are on and off the power very quickly a full lap is no longer than 50secs.

Watching on TV you can see how much power the TDI has, on the Start/Finish and the back straight it would easily get back the distance it was losing under braking.

I feel Darren Turner was on for a good race in the third round, and would of likely given the two BMWs a fight, if Shedden hadn't of thrown him off at Druids.

His start was compromised in race 2 by JP who had a poor start. Darren played wing man and stayed behind to cover JP which compromised his own start.

I'm quite positive about the car, and feel that as the season progresses they will get some great results from the car. In comparison though Giovarnardi was good yesterday, VXR as a whole are still not on the same sheet I feel.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.