BTCC Weekend thread 29/3/08

shefflad

Opelness
Oct 16, 2006
Manchester
what happened to Setanta Sports covering the BTCC? or do they think football from germany and the netherlands is more important????

chungster

SCN Veteran
May 27, 2001
Bedfordshire, UK
Visit site
and i for one am glad they did!

was gutted BTCC went with the pay channel setanta last year.

5 hours of coverage...nicely done.

There's MotoGP aswell, and the merseyside derby later too. Telly all day then.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Just wanted to say if you've been browsing live timing, don't post the result of Race 1.

Many of us want to watch the race coverage on ITV4 in a bit. We don't want to know the result. ta :)

Offenders will be slapped :redcard:

shefflad

Opelness
Oct 16, 2006
Manchester
and i for one am glad they did!

was gutted BTCC went with the pay channel setanta last year.

5 hours of coverage...nicely done.

There's MotoGP aswell, and the merseyside derby later too. Telly all day then.

Yeah, but at least Setanta covered the whole day, and i believe the qualifying day :)

whereas we still get a recorded race on itv4 - why cant they come on air earlier - all they showing is repeats of police camera action etc!

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Yeah, but at least Setanta covered the whole day, and i believe the qualifying day :)

whereas we still get a recorded race on itv4 - why cant they come on air earlier - all they showing is repeats of police camera action etc!

They never covered the qualifying, i know i was a subscriber too.

It was ok, but considering there is diddly squat else of any interest on Setanta, it felt like i was burning money for no good reason.

I'd rather it be free to view. Shame MotorsTV couldn't take it back on really.

But the coverage were getting now is some of the best really, consider that to BBC coverage in the 90s where they would delay it by a week or more and then show highlights for 20mins on Grandstand.

I do agree though, it would be nice for ITV4 to come on air a bit earlier. Some of the circuits have morning curfews anyway, so racing doesn't start until lunch.

chungster

SCN Veteran
May 27, 2001
Bedfordshire, UK
Visit site
hahah who's watching the clio cup? did u hear what the commentator said?

"there were a lot of swingers out there yesterday"

of course he was referring to the way the clio's were oversteering and hanging the rear end out in the tricky damp/wet conditions!!!!

LOL

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
Leons were quick. Could see they arent as good on the brakes as last year though. Good coverage by itv imo especially with the other races aswell. Who is the annoying grid woman though?! Know who I would rather see there!

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
They lack engine braking unlike the petrols, so they are heavier on the brakes, and brakes are key at Brands.

I think overall though, considering how little testing they have had in the car, they did ok today. To get two podiums on its BTCC debut is a good result they can only build on. At Rockingham it will be able to stretch its legs a bit more i feel.

Gib83

Neeow!!
Mar 3, 2007
Sheffield
Yeah what a good days racing. It'll be interesting to see how the diesel power is at some of the quicker circuits later in the year.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.