BTCC Weekend thread 29/3/08

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
I think it is a dissapointing session for SEAT I am afraid. Jase will have 2 competitive beemers and Giovanardi's Vectra in front. DT will not only have Jackson and Turks' beemers but also the Vectras of Giovanardi and Tom Onslow Cole. Tho I think...I hope.... DT will take TOC early.

I just hope the TDI will live up to all the promise we had for it when it was announced as the new engine in the Leon.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Leon TDI's being around 1mph faster through the traps means the competition isn't going to romp away on the first couple of laps. Even if they get better traction away from the line.

I think if the car stays reliable and the tyres are good, were in for a cracking race tomorrow. No one should discount JP, he's a far better racer than a qualifier in my opinion.

Aug 24, 2007
Agree will be a good day cant wait will have to get a early night what with the clocks changing

bit like xmas eve this one, not much hope of an early night.

Just need to have a caffeine fuelled breakfast :clap:

FR-RUSH

IBIZA FR TDI BLACK MAGIC
Dec 3, 2005
Islington
was at brands today walking backwards the wind was so strong, hopefully weather will be better tomorrow.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
As Tris says 12.30 to 5.30.

Race 1 coverage will be delayed, but should be shown in its entirity because the circuit lunch break is 12.30 to 1.30 anyway.

Then Clios will be on if they decide to show it, or they may do features introducing the BTCC season, all subsequent racing from the 2nd BTCC race should be LIVE.

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Well, today is the day guys for anyone watching the BTCC on the box! The first meeting of the season! You know how long I have waited since the end of the last season?!:funk:

I don't think the diesel will be as fast as I had initially thought and may even struggle to get wins over the seemingly better beemers and Vectra (despite getting diesel the VXR's and beemers of Team RAC and Mat Jackson still qualified better, but I hope it will be closer to the Vectras and the beemers over longer more times this season compared to last season with petrol.

But I think Jase has the ability to compete with Fabrizio anyway.