Building your own interface/cable

gtd86

Doctor of driving
Sep 9, 2006
www.batit.com
Does anybody have schematics for a immo login cable, these are about £60, i don't think they can be too different to a normal VAG cable, i have software for retrieveing the login codes but want to try making a cable for cheap before spending £60 just to be able to get login codes...

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Hi chaps, just thought I would bring an old thread back to life and ask if this cable http://www.ecufix.com/shop/index.ph...ducts_id=182&zenid=omhtdr3sjq99bbguh7231r1jv7 would be the right one to purchase for my motor (56 reg Ibiza FR 20VT) for use with Vag-Com? It was a link from the initial build your own cable page at the top of this thread so I'm guessing it's legit. I have an emissions light on my dash so figured I would see about getting a cable and have a look into it myself to see what's what.

Thanks in advance :)

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
KKLine leads are the old type, they won't work on CANBUS cars. However, I don't know if a 56 plate Ibiza would be CANBUS or not. It's new enough for it to be possible.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I totally agree, and on that basis I wouldn't buy it.

I believe that if you buy a CANBUS lead they are backwardly compatible with kkl, but kkl aren't forward compatible. But consider it an investment anyway, as a CANBUS lead could then be used for your next car, and the next, and the next...

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
But that comes with the software that isn't properly licensed doesn't it? which would be a tad naughty, also it says it's a scanner? I'm just looking for the cable on it's own then I was going to download the free software from the Rosstech website as this should be all I need for now :) so any links to just the cable would be ace :)

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Thank you fella, just one more question I know I'm being a pain but it says "the cable and software does not work with canbus" is that something that would affect me with my setup? 56 reg Ibiza FR? or should all be well?

teldoyle

Oct 25, 2012
if anyone can send me details of how to make one along with deatils of part cable type needed, where to buy them etc would be appreciated
regards

tel

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.