Bulb Sizes

dgmx5

Nov 7, 2004
Problem with front interior LEDs

I have just bought 2 x 501's and a 42mm LED festoon and fitted them in the front interior roof lining unit. When the door is shut, the rear interior roof lights fade as you would expect after the initial delay but the front ones momentarily flash off and then remain on. Is there any reason why the wouldn't fade?

The front LEDs I have used were bought off ebay from fizzmocouk (ebay links are pretty useless on here for the future as they don't work after 90 days, but links to the items are http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290604291747?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 and http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290604291747?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649).

TIA

steky

Hopefully get my interior lights changed at the weekend. Great info regarding what bulbs are needed on here.

Leon1600s

Once a 1600, now an LCR
Sep 17, 2011
Berkshire
Thanks for the info, really useful and I'm all LED'ed up now.

Only question is with the rear rooflining lights. I've bought the right size (T5) and they fit but they're really dim. I figured this is as they are SMD one and therefore are pointing 90 degrees out from the ideal position. I can't seem to find any 'normal' LED ones so I'm wondering if anyone has modified their buld at all to sort it out? Or maybe point me in the right direction to get some that are more suitable.

Denzil

May 2, 2008
South Wales
Rear courtesy / interior T5 lights

Please amend the sticky to read T5 Neo Wedge instead of just T5.

I ordered two T5s, only to realise that I'd wasted money as I bought the wrong bulbs.

To clarify, the rear interior lights in the Seat Leon mark 1 are T5 Neo Wedges.

Cheers

Den

mark_eisner

Jul 18, 2010
mark.theeisners.co.uk
You do need the T5 neo wedge bulbs but i managed to modify them.

If you unwrap the wire and pull the bulbs out of the old bulb base can wrap the new bulb contacts around in the same way, even though my T5 bulbs were 3 times as long as the original they still fit. They could still use a better reflector to distribute the light better though.

CH1NNV

Dec 9, 2017
May be helpful to others to add to the sticky; but my Leon has clear indicators and requires 581 coloured bulbs, not 382's.

Apr 13, 2020
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.