Bulk power supply

torquesport

Lets Torque Diesel
Jan 19, 2008
Stone, Staffordshire
Im currenly installing my sound system and dials etc, my question is im gonna need about 4 cable to the battery, could i just run one cable from the battery into the car and run my amp, gauges etc off that cable?

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
You want a independent fused cable for your amp and you can take power from the head unit of off the back of the lights switch for the gauges.

torquesport

Lets Torque Diesel
Jan 19, 2008
Stone, Staffordshire
You want a independent fused cable for your amp and you can take power from the head unit of off the back of the lights switch for the gauges.

Ive got 3 gauges that need wiring, also my amp and stereo all need power from battery and is gonna be a pain gettin all them through to the engine bay

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Why does your head unit need to be powered from the battery instead of the normal ISO connector?

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Its a Alpine CDA-9812RB 60w x 4 and it need connecting straight to the battery

Well all I could suggest is to make a Small relay board up.

Take a large fused feed from the battery into the cabin and connect it to a busbar like this

116404.jpg

Then you can take as all the live feeds off that. Just make sure you put a inline fuse in every live you take off it.

Hope this helps mate.

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
Surely the permanent live from the iso plug will do the head unit. The is no need to run an independent live straight from the battery for a head unit

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
Its a Alpine CDA-9812RB 60w x 4 and it need connecting straight to the battery

just looked at the fitting instruction from alpine web page and there is no reason to connect it straight to the battery, using the ISO plug will work just fine:)

One less connection now!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members