Bye FR+, hello Speed Blue MK2 Cupra R

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Do the abs sensors also work out if you have a flat/tyre pressure issue or is there an actual sensor in the wheels? (Kinda on topic . . )

If there was an actual sensor in the wheels (which some cars do have) when you get new tyres you'd see them making sure it was refitted. It just basically calculates when one wheel is moving at a vastly different speed to another. I thought it only went across the same axle. But as above, it must take all wheels into account for me to get errors on both rear wheels.

ash_89

Mar 16, 2013
Bedfordshire
Did you get a fault /diag scan report with your invoices/power printout jon ? , they do a full health check/scan prior mapping .
Mine came up with a few ignition faults and a stereo earth antenna intermittent short

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Did you get a fault /diag scan report with your invoices/power printout jon ? , they do a full health check/scan prior mapping .
Mine came up with a few ignition faults and a stereo earth antenna intermittent short

Yeah, I got a print out from the health check which was fine (internal alarm sensor, aircon compressor warning). It was also clear they'd removed my intake and a few other bits n pieces in the engine bay had moved! So they def gave it a good checking over.

gurpz94

Feb 12, 2019
Decided to scan the car (cause that's what we do for fun right). Sat sobbing for a while at the number of errors (ABS, traction control, steering, engine management). Then noticed they all occurred with the exact same timestamp. Then remembered the look on @Maypack s face when his car came off the rolling road with 100 errors on the dash. Panic over me thinks... but you would have thought they'd delete the fault codes!?
View attachment 12233

On the bright side, long term fuel trim is now down to 0.8% (after 500 miles) (from Revo's 13%). And it could be my imagination but revs seem to be lower when cruising @70 in 6th gear (2500vs3200). Guess I'll know for sure when I get to Blackpool!

Only thing that takes some getting used to at the moment with the R-Tech map... if I give it eg 35-40% throttle then decide stuff this and apply eg 75-80%, previously the car would start going faster straight away. But now it feels like it dumps all boost (throwing me forward), exhausts sounds like it farts then I'm pinned to the seat at warp 9. Not sure if this is the traction control mapping or some way of kicking boost out quicker. But it's almost like when your in an Automatic and you kickdown a gear. Hard to describe really... but do you guys get something similar @Jairm88 @gurpz94 ?

As Ash said in a previous post I think it's the way the tcs is mapped. I have a similar experience if I slam my foot down. Generally if I go from 1st to 2nd and floor it from around 3k rpm, when it reaches full boost around 4.5k rpm tcs flashes and I get thrown forward before boost comes back on and proceeds to wheelspin like no tomorrow. If I have TCS off I don't have any of this behaviour but I don't get too brave with these icy roads.

Reactions: Legojon

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
As Ash said in a previous post I think it's the way the tcs is mapped. I have a similar experience if I slam my foot down. Generally if I go from 1st to 2nd and floor it from around 3k rpm, when it reaches full boost around 4.5k rpm tcs flashes and I get thrown forward before boost comes back on and proceeds to wheelspin like no tomorrow. If I have TCS off I don't have any of this behaviour but I don't get too brave with these icy roads.

Sounds like everything's working as supposed to then. Might give it a try with the TCS off, but as you say, not until the weathers a bit better. Plus, due some new front tyres shortly, so that should help.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Who can guess what I'm doing for Easter bank holiday?
thumbnail

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Ooo very nice! Do update us on how they perform :)

From the bedding in instructions:
"A sequence of 5 stops with medium to high pressure from 112 MPH to approximately 37 MPH with maximum acceleration between the stops."... so you see officer... :cop:

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
From the bedding in instructions:
"A sequence of 5 stops with medium to high pressure from 112 MPH to approximately 37 MPH with maximum acceleration between the stops."... so you see officer... :cop:

Have fun Jon don’t forget to clean and grease where your pads sit in the callipers and all the pins I find a wire tooth brush good for the callipers and a small wire wheel good for the pins and spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Have fun Jon don’t forget to clean and grease where your pads sit in the callipers and all the pins I find a wire tooth brush good for the callipers and a small wire wheel good for the pins and spring

Cheers... I've got the whole day tomorrow so am in no rush. Do you grease the spring retention pins on Brembo type calipers? I couldn't find a definite answer on the internet.

gurpz94

Feb 12, 2019
That's cause it's pure filtth!
2P5g45q.jpg

What pads have you currently got? I was looking at these but went for DS2500s so I'm curious to see how these perform. Took it to a track day now I have crazy loud squealing all the time :blink:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
What pads have you currently got? I was looking at these but went for DS2500s so I'm curious to see how these perform. Took it to a track day now I have crazy loud squealing all the time :blink:

I've currently got the stock Pagids off the RS3. Which were pretty good for the first 5mm or so of wear. They are about 50% worn and lost their sharpness now. You tried taking them out and greasing em up?

Reactions: gurpz94

gurpz94

Feb 12, 2019
I've currently got the stock Pagids off the RS3. Which were pretty good for the first 5mm or so of wear. They are about 50% worn and lost their sharpness now. You tried taking them out and greasing em up?

Do they still perform quite well when it has the initial bite or has the overall effectiveness dropped?

That's on my list of things to do, but I can't safely get the car in the air at home. I'll see if I can think of any bright ideas

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Do they still perform quite well when it has the initial bite or has the overall effectiveness dropped?

From new they nearly put the mot tester through the windscreen. They are sitting at about 60% material remaining. And it's like having two lettuces trying to slow a block of ice.

Reactions: gurpz94

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
What have I missed on this thread while I’ve been away? Is yours 4-wheel drive yet?

Reactions: Yellow fr

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Cheers... I've got the whole day tomorrow so am in no rush. Do you grease the spring retention pins on Brembo type calipers? I couldn't find a definite answer on the internet.

I do as they go through the pads and the pads move on them and it also stops them from seizing in the calipers you don’t need lots on just a fine covering also put a small amount on the holes in the pads where the pins go through the pads same again just a small blob
I use a small amount off copper grease on the caliper sliders and edge off pads that sit on he sliders and the spring clip that sits on the top off the pads and a bit off multi purpose on the pins and on the spring clip where the pins sit
Have fun Jon and remember your pads should just drop straight into place inside the the caliper and you should have to hold them in place to get the pins in if not you have not cleaned your sliders up well enough or pushed the pistons all the way back

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Have fun Jon and remember your pads should just drop straight into place inside the the caliper and you should have to hold them in place to get the pins in if not you have not cleaned your sliders up well enough or pushed the pistons all the way back

Haha, I didn't understand this bit till I pushed the first new pad in and it fell out the other side :roflmao:.

Consider them well and truly bedded in!
upload_2020-4-10_16-12-3.png

Reactions: bruceR

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
What have I missed on this thread while I’ve been away? Is yours 4-wheel drive yet?

Haha, I wish. It's draining money in other ways at the moment. Finally got PS4S all round now and Pagid RS4-2 pads on the front. Need to get some $$$ ready cause cambelt/waterpump is coming up and I'm thinking of doing chain, tensioner and maybe balance shaft delete at the same time.

Reactions: Sharpy