Caliper paint

markthommo_84

Sep 10, 2006
England
well i now have one caliper painted.:funk:

just used red hammerite smooth as some folks suggested. gave it a few coats, and gave the wheel a good old clean while it was off. 1 down, 3 to go, sometime!

paint was still fresh when i took the photo, hopefully it'll dull down, don't like it too bright red!

DSC01724.jpg

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
give it a week and it will be black

i did mine in vrs green recently and now there black

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
My red ones look good on my red car :p They never really go black either, just the wheels lol

Nick_J

Dec 18, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Painted my calipers red with Hammerite last spring, gave each caliper about 4 or 5 coats I think it was (Had some time on my hands!!!) They still look pure red, they clean up really easily. Definately a nice touch for the looks of the car.

All I would say is I have heard using loads of wheel cleaner eats through the red paint and makes it go pinky. I rarely use wheel cleaner anyway so not a prob for me, just a word of caution :)

neilo42

Apr 12, 2008
horbury wakefield w yorkshire
it's pretty good stuff for doing calipers with hammerite,did my clio 3 years ago and just before a sold it a month ago i gave it a good clean, and the calipers came up lovely again. just give them a good few coats.. gave mine 5...6 ..until the pitting has gone and looks nice and smooth.

ESP_ENG_IBIZA 1

Calipers

I have a Yellow Ibiza and i painted mine black they look good but i was thinking of going red with it! has anyone got a yellow Ibiza with Red Calipers?

ESP_ENG_IBIZA 1

Snap mine are the same but i have my own alloys on them! i will try and get a picture!:clap:

ESP_ENG_IBIZA 1

nope i was lazy! i left it all attached my Rims are black so was not too much of a problem painting round them!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members