Calling 130 TDi Sport owners...

skoov

Nov 12, 2004
Derbyshire
www.hpieurope.com
I’m trying to diagnose this fault that I’ve got in VAG-COM
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=840587

What I’d like to know is if anybody else can hear the air flaps moving around near the passenger footwell when you switch the ignition on and have the auto climate on. If I turn climate off straight after starting I can still hear the motor whining in the footwell (most of the time, sometimes it doesn’t seem to reposition the flaps).
If I don’t turn it straight off it gets drowned out by the air noise from the blowers.

I don’t know if it’s normal for them to move around for ages. It sounds like the flap is moving from top to bottom with a dull whine/vibration type sound (sort of like rubbing plastic on plastic) in the middle, then stopping, then sounds like it's juddering. Then after 2-3 seconds it does it again. This goes on for a minute or so before it stops completely, or I get bored and start the engine and drive off!

I’d just like to know if this is “normal” on the car or if that’s likely to be the fault.

I had battery problems a while ago as said in the other post so I’ll get the battery checked again as suggested by stoneyfordNI.

TIA

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
ive got the same fault appearing on mine, i clear it and then it comes back,

doesn't seem to be doing any harm!

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
One of those faults is "normal" (the V71 IIRC).
Mine makes odd chirring and clicking noises every so often, hasn't packed in yet !

Robsport

Sep 25, 2005
Wrexham
yeah mine makes these funny noises when I first turn it on. I assumed it was just normal as the guy who had the car before me said it's done it from new.

When it last had its service I told the dealer about it and they checked the car for fault codes but didn't find any....:shrug: