Calling all 1.4 Owners!!!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Don't know who you've been speaking too bigguts, but the info is incorrect.

you do need a new subframe, front & rear & all the mounts too.

the 1.4 is the wrong car to start with, a 1.6 upwards all share the 'right' subframe and the gearbox would fit.

for 4.5k I'd get a 1.8T - it'd be a lot better all round to use.

bizaman

I am The BOFH
Feb 23, 2005
Satans Layby
bizaman.blogspot.com
BIGGUTS said:
check this link out, see what you think. I emailed this guy last year and it cost him more if i remember rightly.

http://www.brisbaneperformance.com/cars.php?id=157
hehe :redface: :redface: Sorry thought you were on about the G60 conversion! Not sure i would go for the V6 myslef But still 4.5k seems a tad on the excessive side the 1.8t would probably only cost abut 2k max to do and there is far more potntial in it and its alot alkot less hassle me thinks

Smithy

Old School
Jan 17, 2002
Hertfordshire
Yup, that bloke with the VR6 has been on the forums for some time, saw it at Brunty bout 3 years ago.

For 4.5k + what you sell your car for ....buy a 20vT Ibiza, chip it ....more bang for buck all round.

Smithy

Old School
Jan 17, 2002
Hertfordshire
surcalation said:
Just noticed this post, been a mk2 1.4 owner for about 3yrs now.

Expect to see it go down Santa Pod @ USC, you wont miss it, lol

Cos it will take 20 seconds to get down it, lol

That's cos u got 18"s ;)

Smithy

Old School
Jan 17, 2002
Hertfordshire
used to be able to wheel spin my 17"s on my 1.4 ....at Santa Pod it's pretty slippery off the lights, as long as the clutch on your car is healthy, you WILL wheelspin ;)

Smithy

Old School
Jan 17, 2002
Hertfordshire
it's debatable whether it's worth it or not on the 2.0 16v and 2.0 8v cars, let alone a 1.4. I'd put £500 to better use personally.

interbug

same ere, got a 1.4 (75 version) Mk 4. A jippo poor student at the moment with a service and insurance to pay for, but when I get the money (probably late summer) hopeing to get the inlet manifold and cam shaft of the 100bhp version. Heard that will do the trick

MK8

Another late post to an old thread..but im in the 1.4 clan aswell:

Mk4 Ibiza S 1.4
16" FR Alloys
Colour coded wing mirrors
1600W Amp, powering a 1200 watt 15" Kicker Sub
Tints
Chrome front centre grill

Really want to get a new air filter, but im an amatuer, so dont know how to fit it, or which one to go for! But i heard they are cheap to do, and sound better? Will search arounf for info soon, hearn of K&N, and Pipecross(?)

Living in the Milton Keynes area fyi

01samuelr

pete the pirate
Jul 22, 2007
North Wales.
i got a mk3 1.4, BEAST of a car haha. still only 17 tho, not bad as a first car beats the **** out of my m8s 1.0 corsa tho. saving my pennies to get a CUPRA now tho with a garrett GT28R turbo and revo stage 3 remap!!!!!!!!

dcmini

hey i soon will be a 1.4 owner hehehe

getting a 1.4 sport mk4 85hp

just wanted to know too
what is an easy mod to make it lil faster wanna get the most out of it
wez

Med

hi ppl...im a fellow 1.4 owner...ive got a mk4 dab edition 100bhp...in magic black...nice and simpleish.....

i quite like the engine....and after around 3500rpm....they shift quite quick....

only small mods i done are:
4 xenon white led sidelights
bosch 6000k hid's
carnissour exhaust tip..to coverup the peashooter
pioneer kevlar coated speakers
3000w amp
kicker 12" L5 sub

plan to tint the rear lights..and the S badges...also tinting the windows...

Last edited by a moderator:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise