cam blet 02 tdi/ 160pd turbo

harold945

Alright guys/girls

Ive got an 02 ibiza tdi 130pd 6L, its got just over 63000 miles on so i need of a cam belt.
Quick question, anyone know how much it cost to get it change at a seat dealer or if its worth tryin it myself? (pretty amature when it comes to cars, changed suspension, brakes things like that).

Ive heard its an engine out job but not from a reliable person :shrug:

Also does a 160pd turbo just bolt straight on or do you need other upgrades like bigger fuel pump/intake?
and would it affect a standard revo map?

Also can you just buy the FMI mountin kit for a certain size within reason?

Thanks in advance

(i did search but didnt find anythin for an 02 camblet)

Last edited by a moderator:

Disco_Biscuit

Ibiza Cupra Tdi PD200
Jul 8, 2007
Alright guys/girls

Ive got an 02 ibiza tdi 130pd 6L, its got just over 63000 miles on so i need of a cam belt.
Quick question, anyone know how much it cost to get it change at a seat dealer or if its worth tryin it myself? (pretty amature when it comes to cars, changed suspension, brakes things like that).

Ive heard its an engine out job but not from a reliable person :shrug:

Also does a 160pd turbo just bolt straight on or do you need other upgrades like bigger fuel pump/intake?
and would it affect a standard revo map?

Also can you just buy the FMI mountin kit for a certain size within reason?

Thanks in advance

(i did search but didnt find anythin for an 02 camblet)

You'll be looking around £350-£400 for a dealer to do the timing belt and water pump, £250-300 from an indy.

Its not an engine out job, you could attempt it as its not really that hard but if you get it wrong you could be in for some serious repair bills:-o

A PD160 turbo will bolt on but the intake pipe is different so will need to be changed, fitting just a turbo will be a complete waste of time unless you remap it and fit a fmic as well.
You can fit the SEAT sport FMIC and pipe work, look at FORGE kits aswell.

Just get a remap 180bhp should keep you amused for the time being.:clap:

harold945

yeah ive already got the basic remap off revo, fun enough but i would`nt mind tryin to hit round the 210 mark. If i was to upgrade the turbo would i then have to re-remapped to suit?

Do you also need the bigger injecters or are the standard ones bigger enough?

And ive looked at the forge fmi`s but they look quite small.... not seen the seat sport ones

Ive already got the handling set up

TT week soon and i love it when you overtake bikes with a TDi badge on the back!

Last edited by a moderator:

Disco_Biscuit

Ibiza Cupra Tdi PD200
Jul 8, 2007
yeah ive already got the basic remap off revo, fun enough but i would`nt mind tryin to hit round the 210 mark. If i was to upgrade the turbo would i then have to re-remapped to suit?

Do you also need the bigger injecters or are the standard ones bigger enough?

And ive looked at the forge fmi`s but they look quite small....

Ive already got the handling set up

TT week soon and i love it when you overtake bikes with a TDi badge on the back!

To get the best out of it you need it mapped again really, you'll probably be better off with a hybrid turbo you won't see 210 bhp on a standard 160 turbo, if you do it wont be for long.

For over 200 bhp you really need hybrid turbo,bigger injectors, de cat, fmic good map

Dont worry about the size of the forge fmic its good for 200bhp, or run seat sport one.

georgebibizafr

Apr 12, 2009
Cheshire uk.
You need a md376 hybrid from turbo dynamics, which is capable of running upto 260bhp with supporting mods, however I wouldn't reccomend going to that level, as the costs are ridiculous and your pushing the engine internals and turbochrger. But id get the md376, if your a 130pd standard you don't need to modify the injectors, to run 210bhp, you then need the seat sport fmic off the cupra, you'll need an uprated clutch i'd reccomend helix smf kit, then you need a decat, also you need uprated brakes, the standard ones cant cope with 130, let alone 200+ after you've done all the mechanical mods you then need to get it mapped properley, with a good setup you should be able to get 230bhp, and 350-380lbs-ft of torque, thats plenty in a car weighing around 1200kg I'm slowly getting there with mine. just need clutch then I can get turbo fitted and go and get it mapped.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.