Cam shift actuator

Equalizer

Dec 12, 2013
Poland
Hello

I have scanned my 2018 Leon FR for fault codes with OBD Eleven and found some issues. I would like to ask about two of them:
P11AB00
P11A900
both of them reffers to Cam Shift Actuator A and B on cylinder 3 (intermittent). I don't feel any problems yet, but I would like to hit it before something bad happens. From what I have found those are some kind of camshaft position sensors. My question is: where are they? I found an information that they are on the exhaust side of the engine, going through the valve cover, but I can not see anyting like that. Can you point me to the right direction?

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hello

I have scanned my 2018 Leon FR for fault codes with OBD Eleven and found some issues. I would like to ask about two of them:
P11AB00
P11A900
both of them reffers to Cam Shift Actuator A and B on cylinder 3 (intermittent). I don't feel any problems yet, but I would like to hit it before something bad happens. From what I have found those are some kind of camshaft position sensors. My question is: where are they? I found an information that they are on the exhaust side of the engine, going through the valve cover, but I can not see anyting like that. Can you point me to the right direction?
I don't know the answer, but might be an idea to say what engine you have, is it an ACT engine?

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
Act has cam actuators to turn off cylinders under certain conditions. They aren't sensors.
It's alot going on.

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
I don't know much about the mechanics of the system, it came up as an aside to variable cam timing so I only know what read and watched.

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Within ODBeleven, I'd see how many times each of the codes have been triggered. This will be shown as 'Malfunction frequency counter'. It will then tell you if it was a one-off or something to look into. Either way, I'd start off by clearing the issues and then see if they reappear after a few drives.

Reactions: Equalizer
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members