Can’t update Cupra Formentor software

Oct 30, 2021
Hi all,

Newbie here and have recently got a Cupra Formentor VZ2. Love it… however I’ve had a ton of problems with the infotainment system and now, most annoyingly, cannot switch users and am stuck as ‘guest’.

Everytime I try it just throws a ‘function not available’ error.

I’ve had a read around this forum and see that older software versions are prone to similar issues. I’ve checked the software and it is indeed old: 1672

I’m trying to update, to no avail. I go to ‘update software’ inside ‘system information’ and it just gets stuck on a ‘searching for software updates…’ pop up and seemingly searchers indefinitely.

I’ve tried this using the eSIM connection and over my home wi-fi. Neither work.

Has anyone encountered this and overcome or is my best bet taking it to the dealer?

Cheers

Attachments

• B5E27324-A4D8-41CD-9F18-F6D89F24FB56.jpeg
    B5E27324-A4D8-41CD-9F18-F6D89F24FB56.jpeg
    282.3 KB · Views: 325
Oct 30, 2021
Thanks! I actually did that just after posting and still just loads ‘searching for update’ seemingly forever

Deleted member 131219

Thanks! I actually did that just after posting and still just loads ‘searching for update’ seemingly forever
That's a nuisance; mine has been a lot more stable since I did a full reset and then didn't bother re-creating a user account. I have no need of the facilties the user account offers.

thor4fun

Sep 30, 2021
Is the software version linked to a hardware version? Have you checked what hardware revision do you have? When was your car delivered? In the end It sounds like you might have to go to a service station for a visit, or find someone online to have a look.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
There are no further updates available over v1672 currently.

Any software update from v1672 to ?? Is expected to be available before the end of the year BUT it will require a visit to a dealer to be updated. These are Major updates.

The ability to perform updates via the menu on the infotainment system is misleading as you cannot perform any. Only the OTA (Over the Air) updates can currently be performed without dealer intervention. These OTA updates are all minor updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the software version linked to a hardware version? Have you checked what hardware revision do you have? When was your car delivered? In the end It sounds like you might have to go to a service station for a visit, or find someone online to have a look.

There's only one hardware number currently in production for the Formentor 😊

Soon, all of the units on the older software trains will have a TPI available to bring them completely up to date!

Reactions: Jaco2k
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.