Can anyone provide Pics of where to jack car / place axle stands...

shorn

Jan 13, 2007
Can anyone provide these?

I have read numerous threads about people asking and being told, but you know what they say... "a picture is worth a 1000 words!"

Specifically I'm looking at using a trolley jack and stands. I did jack the car up the other day for service, used the jack at normal sill jacking point, and then stands in under (what I assume) are the subframe bolts. Again I am just a tad unsure if this is right and if I could see a picture of where someone else has placed them, and others agreeing with it, then I can feel a tad happier!

I am just starting (with the help of this site) to carry out a bit more DIY mechanics, but I am sure I'm not the only one who will benefit from a few photos of this!

Many thanks!

Robb1990

May 14, 2008
You were right to jack there and your placement of the stand was ok. Any structural point on the chassis is fine so long as it isnt in the middle of the car (likely to tip) then your good. I use the subframe bolt. Someone should be along with a picture soon enough. :)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
P1040701-1.jpg

storeyd

Newcastle
Jul 5, 2006
Newcastle
I made a 1.5" thick, 4" diameter silicone pad (90 shore A hardness) to place between my trolley jack and the normal sil jacking point. Does the trick - ensures no damage, spreads the load more even and provides loads more stability and grip.