Can someone give me a reason.......?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeholroyd

................ why I've recently had a couple of threads deleted without any notification?

Firstly, there was a post I put on the Leon mark 1 forum that contained an eBay link. Someone tells me it's in the rules that eBay links are not allowed. OK, fair enough, but why allow plenty of other members to post links and not remove them? Why do some members have more privileges?

Secondly, I added a reply to a problem in a thread regarding a fellow member needing help with a Leon engine ECU. The reply named a certain person in Mansfield, named after a fish that eats people. Sorry, only way of getting the information over. I posted how an identical problem was solved on my Leon by this person, at minimal cost. The whole purpose of a forum is to share experiences and advice/suggestions with the intention of HELPING the person who originally posted the question. What is wrong with making a suggestion, just because my own problem was solved by someone who some folk don't like on this forum????

I'm not trying to drum up business for this person, merely stating that he sorted out my Leon without breaking the bank, and backing the suggestion up by stating that I've used this outlet a couple of times myself without any problems, and that there doesn't seem to be any problem with his name and/or reputation on another forum where I am also a regular poster. Would everyone prefer the member who originally posted the question to fork out a load more cash getting his problem solved elsewhere just because they don't like where the repair could be done cheaper????????

Finally, I put a request on the forum for a specific item I am looking for, to have the request deleted with the reason being that parts requests are now closed. SO WHY ARE OTHER PART REQUESTS ALLOWED, and mine isn't?

In short, why is there one set of rules for one, and another set for another? We are all on this forum for one reason -- for the sharing of knowledge, help and advice. It certainly seems that some members are the chosen ones and can get away with what they want, despite rules that are imposed for others.

Please someone, answer these questions as I know from comments elsewhere that I'm not the only person asking them.

Thank you

Mike

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Mike, first off, no.. there arent rules for one and rules for another.. the forum doesnt run like that. we ( mods) try to be as fair as possible across the board. we're not on here in /on shift, real life gets in the way, and we get on as/when we can.. now if its been a busy period during the time theres no mods online per-say, it can be one heck of a job playing 'catch-up' to check every thread to see if theres anything untoward. so sometimes unless a thread is blatant (ie title -wise) or a post or posts have been reported they can get missed for a while but they do normaly get mopped up once they're spotted.

The big finned people eating sea creature is pretty much Persona Non Gratis on the board, hence the name being in the filter.

Hope that goes in part to answering your question(s)

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
The big finned people eating sea creature is pretty much Persona Non Gratis on the board, hence the name being in the filter.

Hope that goes in part to answering your question(s)

so how does that answer his question?? someone helped him out and he cannot post up who it was WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.