Can you fit subs to the standard alana head unit?

rocky2008

Buy Cheap Buy Twice!
Nov 16, 2008
North-east
if you look on ebay you can buy converters ....type this into the search bar on ebay 390018386785 its what you need i think ;)

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
Try this ebay number instead: 170308102692 - Autoleads PC3-11 or you could use PC3-12
I used one on my Alana HU to connect my Bose sub which fits nicely in the spare wheel

If you have a CD changer I'm not sure if it will still fit though

DanLewis1991

Apr 22, 2009
Newport
if i was to get that, obviously you have the rca cables into there, but where does the blue and white speaker cable go??

also, i havent noticed an output in the back of the head unit for the iso connection?

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
www .seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=87344&highlight=alana+mini+iso&page=2

Have a look at the 2nd photo, the connector replaces the unused yellow plug. The RCAs connect to the amp along with the blue cable for remote power on. All you need then is power and speakers connecting to the amp.

DanLewis1991

Apr 22, 2009
Newport
www .seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=87344&highlight=alana+mini+iso&page=2

Have a look at the 2nd photo, the connector replaces the unused yellow plug. The RCAs connect to the amp along with the blue cable for remote power on. All you need then is power and speakers connecting to the amp.

the link doesnt work mate?
lol

theres a built in amp on my subs, so where in the head unit would the remote wire go mate?
sorry about all the questions, im useless when it comes to ICE

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
I can't post links so remove the space after www
On the amp/sub will be terminals +ve, -ve (or GND) and REM. The Blue wire from the yellow PC3-11 autoleads plug goes to REM. That will then switch the sub on when the head unit is turned on.

Hopefully that makes more sense

DanLewis1991

Apr 22, 2009
Newport
I can't post links so remove the space after www
On the amp/sub will be terminals +ve, -ve (or GND) and REM. The Blue wire from the yellow PC3-11 autoleads plug goes to REM. That will then switch the sub on when the head unit is turned on.

Hopefully that makes more sense

right i get you now mate, cheers for that :)

ordered my pc3-11 so ill give it a go in a few days :)

DanLewis1991

Apr 22, 2009
Newport
sorry to be a pain in the arse, but is there a gromit under the dash for the power cable to go to the battery? and wheres the best place for the earth cable because mines only about 60cm's long lol

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
I used the earthing point in the boot which is just inside on the left behind the light.

Getting a feed from the battery was difficult for me, the cupra tdi has no room in the engine bay to get access to any gromets. In the end I went up the passenger side wing, down the door crack and in through a gromet there. The cable can only be seen if you are looking for it with the door open so was fine for me. I'm sure there are other places but I found it to be the easiest and most knuckle friendly :)

DanLewis1991

Apr 22, 2009
Newport
I used the earthing point in the boot which is just inside on the left behind the light.

Getting a feed from the battery was difficult for me, the cupra tdi has no room in the engine bay to get access to any gromets. In the end I went up the passenger side wing, down the door crack and in through a gromet there. The cable can only be seen if you are looking for it with the door open so was fine for me. I'm sure there are other places but I found it to be the easiest and most knuckle friendly :)

thanks for all your help mate

DanLewis1991

Apr 22, 2009
Newport
right ive just put the subs in the boot and run the cables through the car ready for when the adapter comes, but theres a slight problem, my ld saxo was a saxo, and the cables were all cutt to fit. so the remote wire and the power lead are both about a foot short of what they need to be, what can i dooo?