Can you get a stuffed hockey bag in a Mk4 Ibiza?

seat_rich

Five atoms
Jul 29, 2009
Just wondered if the boot was big enough to take a stuffed hockey bag?

Probably won't be a deal breaker, but it'd be nice to know in advance!

Saw a picture yesterday on here of a golf club in a MkIV boot, and it looked smaller than I expected.

seat_rich

Five atoms
Jul 29, 2009
I dont know if this is any help, but for referance my guitarist can fit his guitar (In its guitar case) lengthways (left to right) in the boot at a squeeze.

Lol, this could get convoluted now, I'm going to have to compare my hockey bag to my guitar when I get home.

I suppose I could just measure it, but where's the fun in that?

seat_rich

Five atoms
Jul 29, 2009
Not sure (stuck at work at the mo), but the sticks inside are 37.5" long, and the bag pretty much only just zips closed around them. Quite a fat bag though as well, so it'll need a bit of wiggle room, especially if there's four people plus bags trying to cram in!

seat_rich

Five atoms
Jul 29, 2009
You need a Leon Mk1 to swallow a decent size hockey bag, 2 more stick bags and sundries for three of us ;) .

Sorry not to be more helpful but I can't believe a beezas going to take more than two of you plus kit .

Fair enough, I figured a four player load-out was optimistic. Guess I won't be the nominated taxi this season!

That said, I remember going to a game with five players + bags in a 106. Can't say it was the most comfortable journey.... :p

PS: Who do/did you play for then?

Last edited:

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
Winchester Wanderers (Wessex Super Vets Alliance) .... We're not super but we are certainly Veterans and we sort of play in Wessex, sometimes;if we don't get lost, or go to the pub instead, or forget why we came out on a Saturday afternoon without our wives ;)

seat_rich

Five atoms
Jul 29, 2009
Winchester Wanderers (Wessex Super Vets Alliance) .... We're not super but we are certainly Veterans and we sort of play in Wessex, sometimes;if we don't get lost, or go to the pub instead, or forget why we came out on a Saturday afternoon without our wives ;)

:D

Sounds familiar!

I hate that feeling when the season ends of "How do I justify spending half the afternoon and most of the evening in the pub now?"

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Not sure about a hockey bag but with the seats folded down I was surprised what I could get in mine.

Managed to get a 46" Sony Z series LCD in mine (box is even bigger and padded than a regular model)
________
VAPORIZER AFFILIATE PROGRAMS

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.