car feels different after oil change and bushes changed

ant49

Dec 11, 2009
Got the Ibiza TDI FR, 2005 plate, got the bushes changed to the cupra ones on tuesday and they changed the oil and filter for me at the same time. Now, it feels different when driving, not in a good way. Before it went in, i could drive it at 30mph in 5th gear or 40 in 6th with no problems at all, but took it out yesterday and it wont do either now without the feeling that its labouring. Is it because the harder bushes arent absorbing the vibrations as much? If its something that needs checking, il take it back and get them to look at it again. apart from at low speeds, performance is the same as it was before, its just the low speeds it different now

thanks

Ant

ant49

Dec 11, 2009
i'd say it was the bushes... someone will correct me if im wrong, but i think it might calm down after a 1000miles or so...

Cheers, had a feeling it would be the bushes as new oil shouldn't make a big difference unless it's way to viscous which the stuff in mine isn't , will see how it goes over the next few weeks

cheers
Ant

jabbasport

It'll be bushes.. I've changed the wishbone front and rear bushes on my fabia and now when driving at low rpm more vibration is transmitted into the cabin..

This in turn makes it feel asif the engine isn't as smooth as it used to be at low rpm..

Definately bushes..

Kev

JR_130

Mar 24, 2009
I experienced the same when i changed for the cupra bushes.
I just assumed it was down to the extra rigidity of the bushes.
still the same 10k miles later.

ant49

Dec 11, 2009
I have a Cupra TDi and I'd have no chance of driving at those speeds in those gears. Any reason why you want to be going so slow in such a high gear?

Really? mine pulled fine in those gears and it didnt feel as though i was working it at all, just drove like it for economy and its just so quiet, it was giving me 60mpg regularly as it was pretty much ticking over at those speeds

ant49

Dec 11, 2009
i'd never do 40 in 6th and same engine, 150PD ARL, vroomtshh (just got that, good moniker).

make engine labour in ours, but heavier car.

Its fine if im doing a constant 40mph and its flat, have to change down if i want to accelerate. If im doing 40 in 6th, its at about 1100 ish rpm, same doing 30 in 5th gear,change down to accelerate again though.

GrahameS

Oct 4, 2003
Coventry
Visit site
Its fine if im doing a constant 40mph and its flat, have to change down if i want to accelerate. If im doing 40 in 6th, its at about 1100 ish rpm, same doing 30 in 5th gear,change down to accelerate again though.

That's how i drive my Leon 150 these days, i don't have a problem with mine labouring and have gained an extra 4-5 MPG according to the computer, so that ties in with what you've mentioned.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.