Car finally fixed!

Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
wicked thanks for the info alex... Im hoping ill be able to say mine is fixed tomorrow.. Will have to wait and see ;)

I havent changed my coilpacks since ive owned the car either so yes not bad going there!!

Do you have a part number and price for the coilpacks ? I know ive got one but inherited that when i got the car :)

thankyoooo

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
good stuff, glad your getting it sorted :D

Thanks Smiffy ;)

wicked thanks for the info alex... Im hoping ill be able to say mine is fixed tomorrow.. Will have to wait and see ;)

I havent changed my coilpacks since ive owned the car either so yes not bad going there!!

Do you have a part number and price for the coilpacks ? I know ive got one but inherited that when i got the car :)

thankyoooo

No worries, let me know how you get on

I know it's pretty good going really as i know some people that have had to replace loads

Erm i think this is the part number:- 06B 905 115 R and unfortunately they have gone up in price so including VAT cost about £27 each :cry:

If i were you, i wouldn't use that one you got with the car! Get four new ones as you don't know where it's been or if it's been used at all, that's what i would do anyway

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Same things from ECP, just cheaper.

I'm sorry but i still dont get why it took you so long, especially if you had vag com faults telling you had misfire on 1 and 3. I would have changed them straight away.

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Same things from ECP, just cheaper.

I'm sorry but i still dont get why it took you so long, especially if you had vag com faults telling you had misfire on 1 and 3. I would have changed them straight away.

Ok, well i don't have loads of contacts for this sort of thing and normally get told to search when i ask any questions on here so i took the initiative for a very quick fix and went for the standard ones, i didnt know about the other ones ;)

I wasn't getting fault codes until last week about the misfire, that's what i mean, the light was coming on and going off, but there were no fault codes showing

I posted on here for help a couple of times, but to no avail as i just got told to search

LOL so you bought the standard ones that are prone to failure?????

hmmm

think you'd be surprised at the level of quality of the Beru ones from ECP

If they are prone to fail then how come mine have lastes over two years? :whistle:

I'm sure the Beru ones are great, but like i say i didn't know about them and needing to sort it quickly i went for the ones i did!

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
that is wicked news im pleased to hear that :D

Cheers for the part numbers too ;)

No worries, hope you get it sorted ;)

I also had mine 2 years before my first coil pack failure. They just 'go'. And within 4-5 months all 4 had gone.

Yeah exactly! Once i knew that was the problem i got it sorted straight away, best way really

Your new ones should be the Revised ones.. 'L' in the part number?

They have a 'R' at the end and are definately the latest ones out as this is why the price has gone up

Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
Well today i replaced all my spark plugs with the iridium ik22 ones and noticed a splitting hose too..

After replacing all that my car is so so much better and im really happy with it.. Seems like im not needing new coilpacks yay :)

Is not as quick as it was when mapped (i dont think lol) but that might be because i replaced the 4mm vacuum hose with a 3mm one today as thats all i had ??

Will be picking up a new 4mm hose soon so will hopefully be back to full power..

Am so happy with it though as its been poorly for months.. Was so pleased i even cleaned it :)

A big YAY for fixed cupras ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.