car probs doin my head in

dai cupra

after snow we have had recently is went to drop mises to work today and it seems to be nocking when i drive over smallest bump or crease in road and there seems to be a bit of grinding when i put foot down . as anyone had these problems . ive been told it could be cv joints / suspention/ engine mounts if anyone has had these problems before can u get back to me.

also car started to over rev when gear change sounds awfull

any help pease guys

Mat

more specific please...

does it just make a noise when moving or stationary? turning or going straight? what kind of revs?

etc etc

dai cupra

moveing mate and i have heard a little knock when turning steerin wheel once or twice
it does when im moving
when i put my foot down and change gear the revs keep going

Mat

if it's not knocking/rattleing on idle/stationary, then I don't think it's the exhaust or heat sheild.

If it sounds worse when turning, or applying more revs, there's a chance it could be CV joint (I had that go on 1.4). It didn't make a noise unless I was pressing accelerator and moving. Also, it sounded worse when steering in one direction than the other. (sounded worse turning left, passenger CV was buggered it turned out)

dai cupra

i noticed aswell when u turn engine off engine does move a bit could this be engine mount

Mat

back in my early days (when I had a lot of problems with the 1.4), I always went to the stealers! never again! Cost a bomb. Wait for someone with more knowledge experience pops along.

They may be able to tell you the price for the part, and if you could fit yourself

Mat

i noticed aswell when u turn engine off engine does move a bit could this be engine mount

possibly. pop bonnet and just push the engine, see how much play you have, and try and have a look at the mounts

dai cupra

i have done that mate and it does have a little play but cant even see engine mounts lol

JJ_arosa

my mount went like that on my old red one shanged it for a polybushed one (powerflew) cost around 60.00 iirc.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.