Car warms up, trouble starts, please help!! Too many issues

Apr 24, 2019
Seat leon 2009 1.6L 5 speed manual

I am a newbie when it comes to seat cars, I bought the car last week which seemed fine to me at first, then I noticed that when I drive for like half an hour and the car is properly warmed up, the idling gets rough, engine starts shaking and the rpm goes up and down a little on its own, also I get the traction control light on the dash, and the car gets harder to drive, sometimes the car shuts down when in traffic on its own, and it takes like 3 tries to turn back on, I leave the car off to cool down, the car starts normally, worth noting that I have right headlight not working nor the right fog light, as well as the left tail light, traction control button not working, nor the right passenger side window or the central look buttons, car only locks with the remote and doesnt open with it any help would be greatly appreciated and sorry for the long post

ChocoMilkShark

Jul 25, 2018
Hmmm sound like the coil packs to me had a similar issue with my fiat stilo back in the day, change the coil packs and it ran like a dream... I mean until the starter motor died lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Apr 24, 2019
Hmmm sound like the coil packs to me had a similar issue with my fiat stilo back in the day, change the coil packs and it ran like a dream... I mean until the starter motor died lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Thank your for your reply, it could possibly be coil packs, I read somewhere that it might be coolant temperature sensor as well, is that a possibility?

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Yea also a possibility, shouldn't be too expensive to change either of them so maybe do both and see what happens?

Apr 24, 2019
Yea also a possibility, shouldn't be too expensive to change either of them so maybe do both and see what happens?
Im gonna do full maintenance next week so might as well change coil packs and cts and see how it goes, thank you for your help good sir.

ChocoMilkShark

Jul 25, 2018
Get it scanned for diagnostic codes, you're just guessing otherwise.
If your going to do that then get a carista I did and got a non pay version of the app and it was so worth it plus the cost is going to be alot better

Choco

Apr 24, 2019
Turned out i had faulty crankshaft sensor, as well as throttle position sensor, i changed the crankshaft sensor, the car stopped stalling, but still needs to change throttle body

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise