car wont start!!!

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
can any1 help i wrote my mark3 cupra off and i removed the ecu(for insurance reasons lol) about 2 months ago ive now had it back and plugged the ecu in it will try and start but will not fire!! would the imobiliser of kicked in or is there a fuel cut off switch hidin somewhere? :cry:[:@]

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
if it's the immobilsier the car will start but will cut out after a few seconds, this is what mine done when my immobiliser went in my clocks.

nutty_merka

Nov 7, 2008
hi my seat ibiza 1.4 wat a joy she is (wen working lol). started my car up the other day didnt tickover tryed it again then it worked got to work parked up dun my job came out tryed to start my car wernt tickin over all was on a 1/4 tank so topped up 2 see if it was petrol but it isnt put oil in aint oil got the aa geeza to come out he tested every think (spark, coil, fuel pump ect) but nothink tryed a ecu diagnostics test came up as (not responding) anyways got the car towed home. got a mobile mechanic to have a look at it he sez the camebelt has jumped 2 teeth but it hasnt bent anyoff the valves and sez the camebelt needs tightening so he got a new camebelt in tightend it. hopefully!!!! made shure camebelt was in time. tryed startin again and it still wont start then he goes to me that the valves are bent and that the head needz to come off blardy bla. also to add the oil light flashed 3 times with its scary beeping thing wen i tryed starting it went i left work.but i toped up the oil. i have a feeling these guys have fooked my engine up lol and i feel it may be somethink such as a sensor or somethink i have no vag com system to plug into the ecu so i am baffled and catchin bus from now on . can any 1 shed a bit of light any brainyboxes about .
thank you
o yeh i seem to can get 1 rev out of her as i start mainly only if i hold my foot on the accelerator

RichN

Collecting Rings
Jan 29, 2005
Oxford
www.Oxford7s.net
So ignoring the last post above which seems like a familiar block of text I've read in 2 other places on this forum..

...you said you wrote your car off, then you got it back. I don't get why you removed the ECU unless it contained code you weren't insured for, and then I don't get why the insurance company didn't notice it missing. "lol". anyway.

Can you check basic stuff (getting a spark, got fuel etc?) Can you use VAG-Com to check for any errors that have been logged? What state is the car in?

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
this thread is old now i wrote my car off and was thinkin of repairin it when i asked this question as it was 2 costly 2 repair i never did it so i bought another cupra and sold all the bits off it sold the ecu and the rest of go faster bits and now im on to my red 1 you see in my pic which is havin a big turbo

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members