Carbon fibre look cenre console n glovebox handle? Where can I get one?

chris2401

Oct 30, 2009
Hi Guys.

I have seen this LCR for sale and and it's got a Carbon 3MDOC centre console and glovebox handle. I really like the look of it, but can't seem to find where you would purchase one from?

I just wondered if anyone else had this in their LCR or if they know where would sell them?

If you can't access the link below of the car that I am on about on Pistonheads, it's basically a light grey carbon fibre centre console facia and glovebox handle that stands out.

Here is the link http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1626077.htm

If it don't take you to the correct page it's the Silver Leon Cupra R 225 with black alloys. Priced at £8700. It's the 6th one down on the first page with 27,800k on the clock. You'll find one of the pics on there of what I mean. :)

If anyone has any suppliers they know of that would sell this or any further information in general about this matter please post, i'd like to hear from you. :) I don't want to contact the seller just to ask him this question, incase I can roped in to purchasing it, when I don't even have the money to purchase one yet, that time will come next year, if all things go well. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!:D:p

Cheers [B)]

jamieread

Oct 14, 2007
You would need to buy the 3M DI-NOC Carbon Vinyl and wrap it yourself. Quite a few people on here have used it to wrap various parts.

I purchased mine from ebay. Not sure if its cheaper anywhere else?

Adz87

Jul 23, 2008
Southampton
yeah ebay is the way to go with that stuff! i've started to wrap a few things as well. will get some pics up soon

chris2401

Oct 30, 2009
You would need to buy the 3M DI-NOC Carbon Vinyl and wrap it yourself. Quite a few people on here have used it to wrap various parts.

I purchased mine from ebay. Not sure if its cheaper anywhere else?

Hi bud.

Many thanks to you and all the others who responded to my post it's much appreciated.

I have never done this before, but when I do come to purchasing my LCR and wrapping it up in tht finish is it easy to do mate?

chris2401

Oct 30, 2009
yeah ebay is the way to go with that stuff! i've started to wrap a few things as well. will get some pics up soon

Hi Mate.

Many thanks for getting back to me it's much appreciated.

Looking forward to seeing your pics. Is it easy to wrap? Like I said to other chap I have never done this before so when I do come to doing this mod is it easy to do?

Adz87

Jul 23, 2008
Southampton
yeah it's easy to do. just need a hair dryer and patients to get the creases out.

heres a pic of one of my rear door handles.
DSCN1579.jpg

chris2401

Oct 30, 2009
yeah it's easy to do. just need a hair dryer and patients to get the creases out.

DSCN1579.jpg

Blimey as simple as that. :funk: I thought it would need glue and cutting and all that arts and craft stuff. lol. Cool.

Your door handles look nice mate. I don't if I would do my door handles, I would probs just do the glovebox handle, and the centre console (radio area and maybe go all the way back to arm rest area) like wht u see in Mercs, where they just put it down the centre.

I know this may be a stupid question, but Is it reversable or would u need to purchase a new door handle, or in my case centre console dash?

chris2401

Oct 30, 2009

DSCN1579.jpg

What would I type in ebay to find this kind of stuff, and you think ur shade would look ok in a black LCR mate? :blink: Or you think slightly lighter grey?

Adz87

Jul 23, 2008
Southampton
basically it's just a bit sticker. so it'll pal off. best thing to do it try a test piece first. get use to heating it up and stretching it etc. try and find some videos on youtube or something.

i used these guys. http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/underground-graphics/
loads of different sizes.

yeah it should look fine in a black LCR. I'm thinking of doing the plastic bits on the door cards as well. I've done some dash trim i'll take a pic in the morning and post it

chris2401

Oct 30, 2009
basically it's just a bit sticker. so it'll pal off. best thing to do it try a test piece first. get use to heating it up and stretching it etc. try and find some videos on youtube or something.

i used these guys. http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/underground-graphics/
loads of different sizes.

yeah it should look fine in a black LCR. I'm thinking of doing the plastic bits on the door cards as well. I've done some dash trim i'll take a pic in the morning and post it

Cool. Hope the rest of it goes. well. Don't go to the trouble of taking pics early in morning and posting them on here just for me mate. It's kind of u anyway. :)

Yes I will get like an old box or like video tape and wrapp it around tht.

I have had a look at the supplier on ebay and they look good. Not badly priced either. It's quiet suprising how many people use it for different parts of their car. White cupra with carbon fibre rear spoiler looks nice. :D I do'nt know what size sheet of carbon fibre stuff I would need tho for centre console dash where radio is and glove compartment handle? hmmm
Many thanks for the help bud. You have msn?

chris2401

Oct 30, 2009
Cool. Hope the rest of it goes. well. Don't go to the trouble of taking pics early in morning and posting them on here just for me mate. It's kind of u anyway. :)

Yes I will get like an old box or like video tape and wrapp it around tht.

I have had a look at the supplier on ebay and they look good. Not badly priced either. It's quiet suprising how many people use it for different parts of their car. White cupra with carbon fibre rear spoiler looks nice. :D I do'nt know what size sheet of carbon fibre stuff I would need tho for centre console dash where radio is and glove compartment handle? hmmm
Many thanks for the help bud. You have msn?

30cm X 30cm should do it mate.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise