Carista App

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
Would think it would be the same on ios not sure but would think wherever you got the Carista app from is where you would have to sign in to access the beta version??

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
This is what i had from Carista.

Note that I've also enabled "test purchases" for you, so you should be able to make any in-app "purchase" without actually being charged. Just make sure you see a note that says "This is a test order" in the payment pop-up from Google Play. The beta is valid for 3 months, after which you will automatically be removed (and you can continue using the regular version of Carista after that). If you are currently on a free trial, cancel it now; otherwise, the trial will convert to a real payment when it expires, regardless of whether you're in the beta.

All beta customizations are marked with a yellow "Send feedback" button. Please use that button to let us know which ones work and which don't. Also, if you run into any issues, with the app whatsoever, please reply here and let us know.

Thanks very much and happy testing!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
This is what i had from Carista.

Note that I've also enabled "test purchases" for you, so you should be able to make any in-app "purchase" without actually being charged. Just make sure you see a note that says "This is a test order" in the payment pop-up from Google Play. The beta is valid for 3 months, after which you will automatically be removed (and you can continue using the regular version of Carista after that). If you are currently on a free trial, cancel it now; otherwise, the trial will convert to a real payment when it expires, regardless of whether you're in the beta.

All beta customizations are marked with a yellow "Send feedback" button. Please use that button to let us know which ones work and which don't. Also, if you run into any issues, with the app whatsoever, please reply here and let us know.

Yes that is what I got and it does say google. I suggest you send them an email explaining you are using IOS and I am sure they will explain what to do. I found them very helpful

Jhunter_83

Jun 25, 2011
Newcastle
Yes that is what I got and it does say google. I suggest you send them an email explaining you are using IOS and I am sure they will explain what to do. I found them very helpful

This is what I got, same as above but states ios:

Thanks for your interest in Carista. I have just sent you an invitation to our iOS beta and you'll receive an email from iTunes Store with instructions on how to get it. Note that all purchases in our iOS beta are fake (no actual money is taken from your account), so feel free to "purchase" whatever you need in the app. The beta is valid for 3 months, after which you will automatically be removed (and you can continue using the regular version of Carista after that). If you are currently on a free trial, cancel it now; otherwise, the trial will convert to a real payment when it expires, regardless of whether you're in the beta.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Just plugged mine in and did screenshots of what can be done.

Did a diagnostic and got error code 197904. Apparently its something to do with the central locking over temperature!! Weird as its not that warm today!!

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
Nah parking isn't there. I was hoping to enable park pilot for my rear sensors. That being said, I really even want it lol it was just because someone said you can buy they had obdeleven.

Fuel quantity is just a another screen when you scroll through the driver's menu (mgp, speed, fuel consumers etc) it just tells you in Litres how much to refuel for s full tank

If you email them and ask for the Beta version the optical parking display setting is there, I enabled it on my MK3 facelift and it works perfectly!

Jhunter_83

Jun 25, 2011
Newcastle
If you email them and ask for the Beta version the optical parking display setting is there, I enabled it on my MK3 facelift and it works perfectly!

Yeah I’ve signed up for the beta version but it isn’t working on iOS at the minute. I’ve tried for the last 6 days with no joy. Carista say it is a problem with iTunes not recognizing it’s a fake purchase or something. What are you using it on?

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
Yeah I’ve signed up for the beta version but it isn’t working on iOS at the minute. I’ve tried for the last 6 days with no joy. Carista say it is a problem with iTunes not recognizing it’s a fake purchase or something. What are you using it on?

Oh that’s strange, I am using it on iOS on an iPhone 7 and it seems to be fine. Perhaps I was just lucky that it worked? Unless you uninstall and redownload the test version?

Jhunter_83

Jun 25, 2011
Newcastle
Oh that’s strange, I am using it on iOS on an iPhone 7 and it seems to be fine. Perhaps I was just lucky that it worked? Unless you uninstall and redownload the test version?

When did you try? I might try again today then. I have altered everything I can on the paid for bit. I get this error on the beta version

Attachments

• CAE258DA-00D3-4DEF-8157-6B9B6FEA591B.png
    CAE258DA-00D3-4DEF-8157-6B9B6FEA591B.png
    373.3 KB · Views: 205

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
When did you try? I might try again today then. I have altered everything I can on the paid for bit. I get this error on the beta version

I made some changes yesterday including the parking distance display which is working. App is working okay today too, might be worth emailing Carista to see what’s going on.

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland

Much do they charge you ? I only took it for a week so depends how much beta pro is before undecided if it's worth it lol

Jhunter_83

Jun 25, 2011
Newcastle
I made some changes yesterday including the parking distance display which is working. App is working okay today too, might be worth emailing Carista to see what’s going on.

I’ve emailed them and they reckon it is out of there control and it is to do with iTunes so to keep trying it.

Jhunter_83

Jun 25, 2011
Newcastle
Much do they charge you ? I only took it for a week so depends how much beta pro is before undecided if it's worth it lol

Beta is free, if you go on their website it gives you the email to send to and they send you the beta version back

Jhunter_83

Jun 25, 2011
Newcastle

I’ve just tried it and got parking pilot working, why isn’t that just set from the start? What have you changed?

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
I know! The visual display is much more helpful than just the sound, I don’t get why it’s not enabled by default! I also enabled needle sweep and the refuel quantity however it only ever shows ‘- - - L’ which is odd

Jhunter_83

Jun 25, 2011
Newcastle
I know! The visual display is much more helpful than just the sound, I don’t get why it’s not enabled by default! I also enabled needle sweep and the refuel quantity however it only ever shows ‘- - - L’ which is odd

I changed the fuel quantity too but it shows in gallons and not litres

Deleted member 103408

Response from Seat Customer Services when i asked the question

Dear Oldboy

Thank you for your recent contact with SEAT Customer Services.

We would recommend that any alterations made to a vehicle or any parts used on your vehicle should be SEAT approved. If this recommendation is not followed and a non SEAT approved part/accessory is used on your vehicle and a fault occurs as a result of the use of this component then your warranty will be void.

If also you turned on any features of a component that did not come as standard on your vehicle and that component broke the cost will not be covered by SEAT and in doing so the warranty on any related parts can also be affected.

I hope this information proves useful and if you do require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me on the number provided below.

Kind regards

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise