Sean Ryan

May 2, 2020
Got it this morning and have already done some things
1 click mirrors
park pilot on the rear
needle sweet
throttle response
show fan speed on auto
short beep when lock( may change this back)

Any other suggestions? (2016 FR ST 150)

YorkshirePud

Apr 1, 2017
Merseyside
Howdy all. I picked up carista a week ago to help fix an issue with the car. Needed a new battery and used it to register a new battery. Knew it would come in usual for other things. I have a 1.2tsi 2014 sc se techpack.

Changed a few things such as:
  • Needle sweep
  • lower the left mirror on reverse.
  • Tried to alter the indicator flashes to more than 3 but it didn't change anything. Is that a known issue? Not really fussy but would have been nice.
  • Changed throttle to direct and seems nicer!
  • used the debug menu on the MMI to somehow get a carbon fiber effect wallpaper. couldn't even see if it had made the change until i was under the right lighting conditions. So i changed the skin but are there more options

a few things vex me though and wondered if anyone had any experience with them.
Power steering default mode.
Any thoughts on this? anyone noticed any differences and what do the options translate to? eg is sport more heavy?
1618925040675.png

start screen logo (infotainment) and (instrument cluster)
again is there any list somewhere or pictures of what the options give you? from what i can gather some change it to FR? Putting that on a SE would just be cheating haha but im curious are there different themes?
1618925144374.png

Now this one might sound odd but is there anyway to change the colour of your car that shows up in the instrument cluster or MMI? Mine just shows up white. would rather have it be white haha.

cheers for any suggestions guys. apologies if its been asked before but i couldn't find a way to search in thread.

GJShucky

Apr 24, 2021
Droitwich
Picked this up yesterday, did all the usual mods everyone else has done 😄 Not bad for £25, the one click mirrors, park pilot and needle sweep were worth that alone 👍
@YorkshirePud I went through nearly every logo option on my 2018 FR, not a single one changed anything 😓 so can’t comment what they actually are I’m afraid. Not messed with anything yet around power steering and throttle... just makes me a bit twitchy atm not having had the car that long...

I also did the MMI debug mode, so when you hold the menu button you go into debug mode on the MIB2, change the skin

YorkshirePud

Apr 1, 2017
Merseyside
The free subscription will be ending soon and im struggling to think of reasons to hang onto it now ive managed to diagnose a fault, fix it and done a few feature unlocks that i could. several of them don't seem to have worked though so im considering ending the subscription and maybe trying obd11

GJShucky

Apr 24, 2021
Droitwich
The free subscription will be ending soon and im struggling to think of reasons to hang onto it now ive managed to diagnose a fault, fix it and done a few feature unlocks that i could. several of them don't seem to have worked though so im considering ending the subscription and maybe trying obd11
I’d recommend Car Scanner Pro @£3.49 for 6mo… works with Carista Dongle and does the same and much more, long coding the lot

YorkshirePud

Apr 1, 2017
Merseyside

YorkshirePud

Apr 1, 2017
Merseyside
Smashing appreciate that, i know these devs can change the apps all the time. I will investigate it! still might sub to it even though i have carista. Which i kinda bought for an emergency.

Cuprabenwytm

Jun 17, 2020
I turned everything i could turn on, havent noticed any difference with the diff setting, the throttle setting now feels more like a cable as apose to electrical, stop start turned that garbage off, tried to turn the auto rear wipe off but it didn't work

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

Dec 30, 2020
Does anybody know if you can long code the 30 interior colours with that Car Scanner Pro app? Carista disabled that option a while back.

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
I used Carista before but switched to ODBeleven, got the old version dongle for a good price. I think it's the better option.

YorkshirePud

Apr 1, 2017
Merseyside
Well i noticed something interesting in a recent update on android. It now actually tells you that you may need to RESET factory defaults in certain settings before they take effect. Like i did wanting to change the indicatiors to 5 flashes. Previous app said nothing. Update did. Tried it and presto! it worked.

Reactions: Cuprabenwytm

Cuprabenwytm

Jun 17, 2020
Does anybody know if they is a way to code so the washer jets spray for say 2 seconds before the arms move, I work in a stone yard and its a dust bowl at the moment and the arms move before the water squirts so it scratches the windscreen cheers benjin

mealexme

Jun 10, 2019
Does anybody know if they is a way to code so the washer jets spray for say 2 seconds before the arms move, I work in a stone yard and its a dust bowl at the moment and the arms move before the water squirts so it scratches the windscreen cheers benjin
I'm glad it's not just me that it annoys. I had an Ibiza before the leon and it did the same thing. It seems stupid they'd let the wipers move before any screen wash is on the screen.
I'd definitely be interested in an answer to this too!

Reactions: Cuprabenwytm

RDBakerr

Aug 13, 2021
I have just bought the Carista dongle. I have had a play around with the app but i've got a few questions. I have enabled the fog lights as turning lights but they don't seem to work still, if anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated.
Another thing i wanted to do was to turn the door lights to red as its bugged me for a while that all the lights on the interior are red but not the door lights when i run it in say eco or normal mode. Is there an option on the Carista app to enable ambient lighting changes or some sort of option to turn the door lights red.
I drive a Leon FR MK3 2015 if that is of any help

YorkshirePud

Apr 1, 2017
Merseyside
I have just bought the Carista dongle. I have had a play around with the app but i've got a few questions. I have enabled the fog lights as turning lights but they don't seem to work still, if anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated.
Another thing i wanted to do was to turn the door lights to red as its bugged me for a while that all the lights on the interior are red but not the door lights when i run it in say eco or normal mode. Is there an option on the Carista app to enable ambient lighting changes or some sort of option to turn the door lights red.
I drive a Leon FR MK3 2015 if that is of any help
I don't know if this applies but i noted with a recent update that for one function (indicators) i changed you had to reset the settings for that option group to factory settings in the multimedia display. it did not reset anything else but the light settings. So possibly make your change in carista pop into the cars settings menu go to lightning and see if there is a factory reset option. give it a try worth a go. you might need to take your key out and lockup the car after just to be sure. So:
  • make change in carista app for fogs to cornering
  • go into vehicle settings > lights > reset to factory (or whatever the option is under lights)
  • key out and lock up.
hopefully that will work for you.
i cant stand cornering lights so ive not tested it myself but hope it works for you!

Fishbowlhead

Mk3 CupraST 280
Nov 20, 2020
Is there a way to get the interior lights to go Orange in Cupra mode to match the theme? Puzzles me why they didn’t do that from factory.

Currently,
White- comfort.
Red-Sport & cupra.

Would love orange for Cupra mode.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2021
Has anyone mapped the infotainment types yet as keen to know what they all do on my 2014 184?
Looks like there are around 16 on the infotainment screen and 8 on the dash display.
Also I managed to get carbon theme on infotainment screen but not on the dash display.
Also where is the option for park pilot please?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.