Carista App

Allan

Apr 29, 2019
I've got the carbon background on my instrument display but not the centre screen. Can anyone let me know which one it is?

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
I've got the carbon background on my instrument display but not the centre screen. Can anyone let me know which one it is?
Pretty sure it’s option 2 but mine is carbon default so haven’t actually done it myself.

Hogey

Jul 6, 2016
I just got my Carista unit today. It killed the silly soundaktor thing so already worth every penny!

Reactions: LR231998

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
I just got my Carista unit today. It killed the silly soundaktor thing so already worth every penny!
Soundaktor and one click fold mirrors..... small changes massive difference. Why oh why didn’t seat code the mirrors to fold in one click I do not know!

Cuprobbie

May 4, 2016
Hamilton
Success at last.
I really didn’t want to be beaten.
I physically reconnected the Soundaktor with more scratches on the back of my hand.
I made sure that I could hear the Soundaktor in Sport and Cupra modes.
When I connected the Carista to my iPad there it was third down in Other.
Now down to 0%.
Delighted.
Thanks to everyone who provided advice.

Reactions: LR231998

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Has anybody done it or is it even possible to adjust the DRL brightness level % with headlights ON ?

I’m not massively impressed with the Seat full LED headlight system on my R ST.
It’s nowhere near as good light in terms of quality or coverage as the system I had on my Mazda6 Sport which had adaptive Xenons.

What i’d like is to try and improve the close up light coverage - as it’s particularly poor especially for low speed cornering in unlit areas (the lighting system would really benefit from a cornering light but the full LED system doesn’t have front fog lights so this can’t be enabled).

So I’m wondering if increasing the DRL % level when headlights are on would actually help light up the area around the front of the car and act as a bit of a cornering light ??

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Has anybody done it or is it even possible to adjust the DRL brightness level % with headlights ON ?

I’m not massively impressed with the Seat full LED headlight system on my R ST.
It’s nowhere near as good light in terms of quality or coverage as the system I had on my Mazda6 Sport which had adaptive Xenons.

What i’d like is to try and improve the close up light coverage - as it’s particularly poor especially for low speed cornering in unlit areas (the lighting system would really benefit from a cornering light but the full LED system doesn’t have front fog lights so this can’t be enabled).

So I’m wondering if increasing the DRL % level when headlights are on would actually help light up the area around the front of the car and act as a bit of a cornering light ??
Only option you have in terms of DRL brightness is when the headlights are off and when the indicator is active I believe. You can turn them on/ off with headlights but I don’t think you can change brightness as I didn’t see any options for that.

And you certainly can’t make them brighter, only dimmer!

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Cheers for that.
I’d expect you couldn’t make them brighter with headlights off as they’d be at 100% I’d imagine then anyway.

With headlights on I’d expect them to be about 10% maybe ?
Was wondering if increasing that up to 20-30% range would just provide some much needed light near the front of the car !!
Obviously they couldn’t be too bright at night otherwise would dazzle oncoming drivers.

Shame the option isn’t there :(

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Oh, the R doesn't have cornering fogs? You know these LED headlights (with many individual LEDs, not a projector one), when they lens gets dirty, it really reduces the brightness, and with no headlight washers...i usually just spray with some water mix with minute screenwash, and wipe clean with microfibre ever so often.

Reactions: Slickric21

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Cheers for that.
I’d expect you couldn’t make them brighter with headlights off as they’d be at 100% I’d imagine then anyway.

With headlights on I’d expect them to be about 10% maybe ?
Was wondering if increasing that up to 20-30% range would just provide some much needed light near the front of the car !!
Obviously they couldn’t be too bright at night otherwise would dazzle oncoming drivers.

Shame the option isn’t there :(

On the VW Golfs you could adjust the brightness of the 'U' DRL's, obliviously not been coded in with Carista for SEAT yet. Maybe ask them to be a beta tester as you have a car that not many would have, to allow them to code features?

Oh, the R doesn't have cornering fogs? You know these LED headlights (with many individual LEDs, not a projector one), when they lens gets dirty, it really reduces the brightness, and with no headlight washers...i usually just spray with some water mix with minute screenwash, and wipe clean with microfibre ever so often.

My MY19 Cupra has headlight washers?

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Is there any advantage to getting the official Carista adapter vs a generic one for IOS bar the trial period ?

I’ve got a WiFi “VGate icar Pro” IOS adapter that I use for Torque, Dash Command that works well.

I only really want to disable the sound aktuator and maybe change some lighting settings.

Also what advantages does the beta version have ??

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Update, the VGate WiFi adapter worked fine, but only gets a week trial.

I disabled the sound aktuator successfully, there was no other options worthwhile I could see anywhere.

So glad I didnt waste £15 on an adapter !!!

Reactions: Zer0

rock3g

Oct 28, 2016
Can anyone tell me if the app would enable me to ensure the "screen off after ten seconds" option stays on? At the moment I have to do it every time I start the engine.. I presume once you buy the kit you can use it on more than one car? I have a 2015 Leon ST and there is a 2017 Ibiza Fr in the family..

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
To be fair, at £15 its a good quality small adaptor that works with other apps. The generic ones on ebay and Amazon arent much cheaper and can have issues from time to time. If you don't already have one its well worth it.

FINCH

Being Nosey
Mar 15, 2010
Aberdeen
Is there a way to disable the handbrake coming on when I open the door. I know it’s a safety feature but it’s annoying when not trying to kerb my wheels

StumpyLeon

Feb 16, 2019
Does the beta test period end after a month? I became one shortly after I got it but I plugged it in today and I'm no longer getting additional features that beta brings. Do I need to re apply for beta?

ParadoxB

May 28, 2019
Has anybody else noticed an improvement in mpg when changing to linear throttle response? I thought it was a fluke (1.4 ACT FR) as went from 43ish mpg to 46mpg for a tank. Changed back to gradient over time and went to 43.5mpg, changed back to linear and last tank was 48mpg! I think it just paid for itself. Not a scientific test, but over normal weekly journeys (about 280 miles). Awesome, thanks everybody.

Oh, I have done mirror fold on single click, and bleep on lock and unlock (which worked after I re-read the instruction about switching on in infotainment ).

Cheers

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.