Carista App

Kevin1992mk3

Jun 9, 2020
North wales
Can anyone five me some i formation on the beta? Is there much more options to mess about with or just a couple? How much does it cost? Or is it pay as you change something from the beta options? Only had my carista few days and love it changed a couple of things on my car and my sisters car great little tool

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
It seems a bit random what the light will do after you disable it. You can push the button to turn it off though and it should stay off.
Can you please post details of how to disable the start/stop. My son has the Vagcom software and can do it but my (friendly) Seat dealer has told me it's not possible on mine..... so not sure if Seat have blocked this or I'm getting bullshit!!

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
To disable start/stop you can just physically remove the sensor on the battery. Start/stop function won't kick in if it doesn't get a reading.

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
To disable start/stop you can just physically remove the sensor on the battery. Start/stop function won't kick in if it doesn't get a reading.
Mmm thanks for that. I did suggest that route to my 'tame' service manager and he reckoned on the latest cars you'd end up with a permanent error on the dash. Unlike earlier ones where you'd get an error a couple of times then clear.
Will try it and see what happens .....

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Mmm thanks for that. I did suggest that route to my 'tame' service manager and he reckoned on the latest cars you'd end up with a permanent error on the dash. Unlike earlier ones where you'd get an error a couple of times then clear.
Will try it and see what happens .....

My car was manufactured dec 2019, it was fine while I disconnected the plug and I got the start/stop message once or twice then it auto clears. Then I found out it is disabled with gearbox in S anyway which I normally use so I plugged it back in. :)

Reactions: Tivver500

Joshua Oakes

Apr 30, 2020
Curious as to what the Differential settings (cant remember exact wording) for the 184 does? Think it’s got normal or low and high or something like that, wondering what this is? It’s a DSG would this make a difference?

Thanks, Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RavH

Jul 23, 2020
Hi all,

I got Carista today and activated the 1 month free plus emailed them with my debug info so hopefully can get the dev features too.

I've managed to do the following
1. Needle sweep
2. Beep when locking/unlocking
3. One click folding mirror
4. Refuel quantity shown
5. Carbon fiber theme
6. Finally park pilot for rears ?

Now I have rear parking sensors on my facelift FR but it doesn't show it on my infotainment screen(park pilot screen), any ideas of I can do this via Dev options? As I can't see it on normal version?

EDIT : Nvm got beta now and managed to add park pilot for reversing sensors. :)

Don't think there is anything else I need to do now pretty pleased with this!

Thanks

Last edited:

RavH

Jul 23, 2020
Hi all, I noticed in Carista app you can set scales (Speedo dials/ rev counter) to illuminate when position is set to 0. I enabled this but nothing happens? Anyone had a work around this?

G_mac86

Sep 2, 2020
Hello all, I am picking up my 2017 Seat Leon ST FR Technology on Saturday.
Do I still need beta to add parking aid etc.
I have used carista on pervious cars and only paid a one off fee years ago - will beta app override it once the trial is over?

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
Hello all, I am picking up my 2017 Seat Leon ST FR Technology on Saturday.
Do I still need beta to add parking aid etc.
I have used carista on pervious cars and only paid a one off fee years ago - will beta app override it once the trial is over?
Yeh if they accept it at their side it’s free again. Tbh im tight as and I just made another Apple ID ?

Reactions: G_mac86

G_mac86

Sep 2, 2020
Yeh if they accept it at their side it’s free again. Tbh im tight as and I just made another Apple ID ?

Thanks, I guess I need to send a debug data before I can get the beta, would like to turn on parking visualisation as soon I get home with the car.

G_mac86

Sep 2, 2020
Hey I have beta, can't see where to turn carbon in the instrument cluster, and guidance?
Thanks guys/gals

G_mac86

Sep 2, 2020
Hey I have beta, can't see where to turn carbon in the instrument cluster, any guidance?
Thanks guys/gals
Never mind, went out when had more time and found the function.
So activated
Needle sweep
1 click mirrors
Carbon fibre in both displays
Park assist display

Anything else worth changing whilst have 1 month beta??

Fester999

May 17, 2020
I could only do the carbon effect on the dash. How do you change the main screen?
I've got beta. Thanks

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
I could only do the carbon effect on the dash. How do you change the main screen?
I've got beta. Thanks
Think you have to add dev mode to your informant screen then you change it on their by holding down the power buttons for 10 seconds after a reset. It’s on menu layout or something along those lines

Reactions: Fester999

G_mac86

Sep 2, 2020
Think you have to add dev mode to your informant screen then you change it on their by holding down the power buttons for 10 seconds after a reset. It’s on menu layout or something along those lines
Yeah, can't remember exactly but changed the skin to sport 80 or something like that

Reactions: Fester999

G_mac86

Sep 2, 2020
Can you active coming home / leaving home without having automatic lights.
I had it on my old b6 Passat that the lights came on every time the car was locked and unlocked no matter the time of day.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members